GSX 1100 F EFI

That's the plan.

Looked at ARTTU and BLUBBER:s build .

Will defenetly not reach their quality, but i like the tech side of EFI.

Have had this in my mind for a long time, let's see if i can manage it.

GSXR 1000 K3 throttlebodies bought, check

SPEEDUINO kit , check.

Bluetooth, check

EFI pump, check.

Need a new tank, or two.(Catchtank)

Airbox or filters.

Need a crank missing-tooth wheel  24-2 Arttu, check

Wastefiresetup as original.

Igniter for the coils, check.

I will add , can i edit this post as i go along?

Yes i can.:D

Edited by Askamaskinservice
  • Like 1

This was an oil cooled 1100F engine, right?

I wouldn't recommend 36-1 trigger wheel. If you are going to fit it under the original rotor cover the teeth will get so small that most of the sensors will have hard time reading them. Something like 16-24 teeth would be more suitable. If Speeduino supports that. I can deliver a 24-2 wheel that works with original pickup if you are interested.

I have never tested the Speeduino but I checked their documentation etc. some time ago. I got impression that it should be quite usable system. However, be prepared for some additional troubleshooting as probably there aren't too many systems running on similar engines yet.

• Like 1

@Arttu maybe some trading, i've got Speeduino 0.3.2 and 0.4.2 if you are interested to try.

With bluetooth connection.

Yes oilcooled engine.

Opto is a way of doing it, the sensor originaly is that Hall or VR i haven't taken the time to look at it.

Speeduino supports most teethcounts and with or without camsync.

I want a really basic setup, just to get it started.

Original VRsensor on crank, IAT, TPS, MAP, Oil temp in head, Wastefire and batch injection.

What type of cranksensor are you using ?

WP_20180904_001.thumb.jpg.761a07e55e7c09c1d3f0c5f01421f9b6.jpg

This was on my engine i guess it's a manual chaintensioner.

WP_20180904_003.thumb.jpg.c8bc9413b7278d238451261ff1e92eb8.jpg

Must resist......

Edited by Askamaskinservice
Added info

Most oil cooled exhausts are similar around the headers / frame obviously but the variances come with sumps - some flat, some vee'd and some halved / cut away. Most sumps can be swopped around (with its oil pick-up of course) to fit any exhaust so either buy one that fits your sump or buy sump to fit exhaust.Haven't heard of that Speeduino before - just spent last couple of hours reading the Wiki on it - impressive and quite cheap for a DIY version - I might give it a go. Whilst 36-1 tooth wheels have been used - see attached, the tooth count does get a bit daft at high rpm especially with a VR pick-up....... a Hall device may work better but there isn't much space. I like the on-board MAP sensor that will be ok with a bar and a half of boost but I guess standalone GM 3 bar types could be added in lieu of onboard.

20160619_130618_zps3c6dtekm.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Askamaskinservice said:

@Arttu maybe some trading, i've got Speeduino 0.3.2 and 0.4.2 if you are interested to try.

With bluetooth connection.

Yes oilcooled engine.

Opto is a way of doing it, the sensor originaly is that Hall or VR i haven't taken the time to look at it.

Speeduino supports most teethcounts and with or without camsync.

I want a really basic setup, just to get it started.

Opto sensor on crank, IAT, MAP, Oil temp in head, Wastefire and batch injection.

What type of cranksensor are you using ?

I'm afraid that I won't have time for Speeduino experiments anytime soon...

I would guess that an opto sensor might have some difficulties with splashing oil inside the ignition cover. Original pickup sensor is VR type.

Oil temp probably works reasonably well as engine temp on these engines. But ideally you would want to measure the head temp. Or intake port temp to be accurate. I have been using sensor on cylinder block with good results.

Here is a pic of crank sensor setup. Original VR pickup and 24-2 wheel made for it.

GSXR_24_2.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...