Wheel options for 1100L?

Markinfinland

Guys,

thinking of replacing the wheels, at the last tyre change the front seems to have gone ‘dusty’ under the coating so I’m wondering how sound it is as a whole.

do you have any suggestions for either later model Suzuki wheels that will fit easily and/or wether dymags will let me retain the cable speedo drive?

Edited by Markinfinland
Added the rest of the sentence

Any wheel can be made to fit anything if enough modifications are undertaken!

If you fit race wheels it is possible to retain a cable operated speedo drive if there is enough clearance. Many moons ago I had a front Dymag modified by the now legendary Spondon Engineering, who fitted a specially machined coupling into which the stock speedo drive (1100 EFE) engaged. This was held onto the wheel by two roll pins, so the magnesium alloy wheel was drilled to accommodate these. If whoever does the job knows what they are doing then there should be no problems. The easy option is to fit aftermarket digital clocks though and bin the mechanical drive.

Edited by Dezza

Are you after light weight wheels or just newer ones??

if you want newer ones then all later gsxr 750/1100 slingshot and 1200 Bandit mk1 fronts  drop straight  in and the rears will fit if you use the appropriate spacers and calliper hanger,  

if you want to get rid of the mechanical speedo drive you can fit a trigger wheel to the gearbox output shaft and use a 600 bandit or tpot sprocket cover with the leccy pick up.

There is a thread on here somewhere about the wiring needed.

Digital guages tend to come with a sensor and also some hideous Heath Robinson type bracket to mount the thing so it reads from one front disc (e.g. Koso guages). I got an alloy tube welded into my rear brake carrier after getting the idea from how they mount similar sensors on Ducati 999s and 1098s.

ive done it twice, fitted proper clocks from a mark 2 bandit and the wiring loom to my Mag2 and my other 'arris. so that it all plugged together and just worked, its really easy, if a bit expensive as you need clocks, loom, cdi, pick up, neutral switch, alternator and switch gear.

Mark 2 bandit clocks

xJWuRCt.jpg
 mark 2 bandit sprocket cover with pick up, it all just works, no chopping wires no gluing magnets to your discs,,,,,

MEjNymV.jpg

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
  • Like 1