Gs1100 moded time capsule

Helo group! I've been following the forum for some years and now its my first post.

I'm used to Gurls blouse's from the '70s and now want to move to suzuki from interested in '80s

While searching for a 750 s3, I've been offered an interesting bike that have been modded with period performance parts.. i would like to know what you guys think and if someone could identified the wheels disc etc..

Its a low millage  83 gs1100 with mikuni carbs, and other intersting stuffs

What get me scratch my head the most  is the quick release brembo calipers, 6 spoke wheels and funky discs.

Wheel looks like marvics but have 6 spokes instead of 7...

I'm really intersted in buying the bike but want to know most of it before hand

Now time for pictures..

37122069_285862878629144_312682526910971904_n.jpg

6eb2a04a2c704ee2e6836ac2a3a73a21.0.jpg

37064509_285858608629571_2287360631067639808_n.jpg

37083315_285858408629591_4571481941966061568_n-1.jpg

• Like 2

Can't help too much, but it sure looks cool.

Wear on the front rotor looks funky / uneven. Also, the 82 1100e motor doesn't have a welded crank from the factory, and the problematic small taper crank that can allow the charging rotor to slip - if its still a stock crank - worthwhile to ask.....  I think TRAC is Kawasaki lingo.....?

Edit- looks like TRAC is Gurls blouse lingo....

Edited by Dorkburger

gsx cranks are bomb proof, i wouldnt lose sleep over it, the only difference strength wise to efe cranks is that they are atom bomb proof. period califab arm and ohlins are lovely things, brakes look like a dangerous lash up.  wheels look like 1980's cma aftermarket items, but im pretty sure the cma ones i saw had 3 or 7 spokes.

The wheels are Italian EPM magnesium wheels with brembo discs. Calfab arm and ohlins. Some really period stuff there. I would definitely change the way the calipers are mounted as the mountings look different from one side to the other in the pictures. 

Edited by Cheeky4648

Some great period parts:) especially the calipers with the quick release brackets. I think the factory Yamaha 500s used similar in 1983-84. Classic Ducati nuts would rip your arm off to get the wheels and the Brembo Goldline brakes! I have used magnesium wheels on my Harris (Dymag or Tecnomagnesio) for the last 30+ years with no problems. Bikes like these tend to be used sparingly and maintained well. If the bike is for a daily ride in all weathers (unlikely?) over all kinds of road surfaces and will receive little in the way of maintenance, change them and sell the wheels and brakes to me. Buy it!

Quick update 

I went to saw the bike this weekend... its mint... 

The price is ok since it will need tires tune up  etc..

I will pick it up soon and start working on improving it.

The hunda forks will have to go sometime and the caliper bracket will be redone.

Ill have to ride it some to get a feal of what i'll do.

Found out that wheels are magni epm6 and calipers are brembo p432a GP QP mk1.

Meaning firt version of moto gp goldline with rare quick pin release.. they are magnesium...

Lot of successfull period italian bike have run that... interesting! I will have to find source for eventual pads, maintenance required etc...

Looks like magnesium wheels required special bolt torque and tire install procedure...

That should be fun if i pass the fear of scratching it... lol

• Like 3

thats a few pretty unobtainium parts on that bike :pimp: check the float on the front disc bobbins that will give you an idea of just how much miles its done ( i.e. if they are tight then not a lot ) - given the previous owner has fitted this level of noticeable parts - any suggestion that the engine / carbs / igntion has been worked on ?  - your on your way to a classic race bike there :tu

be there when the guy removes the tyres - take the opportunity to inspect the mag wheel rim of any major pitting - just in case the outside is a tidy up and respray job hiding what maybe previously corroded wheels and forsure use them on the road, just remember to stop and inspect if you do hit a pot hole etc.. - i've split two of them on the road, they are fine but they are not as forgiving as road alloy ones