Turbo project continues...

Mark

Yeah. Thats the reasoning for the frame widening. 

The arm is offset to the left, and it still has the triumph wheel on with 190mm tyre. The tyre crudely offered up above is the intended 240mm. I havent yet sourced a wheel. 

But the tyre lined up with the left side of the existing wheel (to maintain the same as current wheel/tyre to sa clearence) looks pretty central too me. And well within tweaking capabilities to fit the larger rear inline.

4 hours ago, Mark said:

The arm is offset to the left, and it still has the triumph wheel on with 190mm tyre. The tyre crudely offered up above is the intended 240mm. I haven't yet sourced a wheel. 

But the tyre lined up with the left side of the existing wheel (to maintain the same as current wheel/tyre to sa clearance) looks pretty central to me. And well within tweaking capabilities to fit the larger rear inline.

Yeah - understand the reasoning but are we agreed that the wheel needs to be central which will require quite a bit of in / offset of the hub to match up with the bike hub. Which throws up another problem - the extra load due to the offset on the bearings which you can't move!

Yeah agree, but the wheel im looking at has an offest meaning i should only need a 10mm spacer between my standard swingarm hub and my wheel inner face.  

So minimal extra stress i feel. And i reckon less than it gets if sticking with the 190mm and thrown around a track. 

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Yeah agree, but the wheel im looking at has an offest meaning i should only need a 10mm spacer between my standard swingarm hub and my wheel inner face.  

if your inner frame  clearance is 290mm and your tire is 240mm …..with the wheel in center …..you will have 25mm per side . factor in the chain width  (530 chain is roughly 25mm ) then add 3mm for chain to frame and tire to chain clearance ……..your wheel alignment will be slightly out but not anything to worry about ……… the only  issue I can see is the rim / tire to inner swingarm clearance ……..this will determine your offset .