water cooled nonsense carb spacings?

Guest YoshiJohnny

The distance between 2 and 3 is the same on wc and ac. On wc, the distance between 1 and 2 is about 5mm more than on ac. I can get exact measurements later as I have both carb types on the bench at the moment. I think  confusion arises from the (understandable) logic that wc carbs will be spaced closer together than ac carbs as the engines are a bit narrower. This is not the case; it's the other way round.

Edited by Dezza

I have just measured some - they are 85-90-85. These measurements concur with measurements for some mega fancy  Mikuni flatslides from Japan on Eblag. In the listing it states the same measurements for 750 and 1100 w models. (I saw this after I measured my w carbs). I also just measured my GSXR1100J carbs the same way and they come out at 78-90-78. These go straight onto a 1200 Blandit motor with stock rubbers. The w carbs don't:( Maybe there is some slight variation in oilcooled spacings due to carb/rubber combos and 77-93-77 is an average, which explains why some people have problems fitting carbs that 'should' go straight on and others really do go on with no problem.