jetting slabside 1100

manden

Guest YoshiJohnny

not a lover of the Sigma "kit".... "custom made for YOUR bike" yet only 2 each of the mains?? Yes some bikes run richer inner cylinder to run a bit cooler but NOT GSXRs so why not 4 of each at least??

What filters are you using?

Sometimes it's not necessarily the mains making it weak... if the air jets are blocked it will run lean because it's not getting enough fuel.. for instance..

On 8/1/2018 at 8:35 PM, manden said:

i bought an sigma6 jet kit. in my current set up i run 150 mains and it is lean, i also run 42.5 pilots and they are working well. sigma sent me 2x145, 2x147.5 and 2x150 jets and 37.5 pilots.

should i even experiment with installing the sigma kit?

My 1052 with a V&M full race head std carbs with stacks and ramair sock filters and a Cobra/Vance Hines exhaust was running nearly 30% rich on standard #132 main jets and dropped it down to #125’s and it made another 5bhp and still 18% rich have now dropped to #120’s and runs loads cleaner :banana:

I have a standard 1052 but the head is heavily ported. I'm running RS36 carbs with bellmouths and a yoshi cyclone duplex 4 into 1. At the moment I have 130 mans but it still seems rich. That is probably a result of the increased air/fuel draw created by the porting.

The RS carbs and the porting mean my set up isn't a straight comparison but I will probably jet down further.

Mine is 1108.6cc, modern 78mm pistons, balanced, ported head with combustion chambers, 11.7 comp,  bst36ss with short stacks and ramair filters, vh sidewinder thats open. I weigh 120+ and if im all the way over the tank it lifts the front wheel with some wheelspin from 9 to12k in 2 gear.

It used to have 135 jets and it couldnt pull anything in 4th and 5th. It really pulls well now.

Ill get a bung welded in the collector so i can get an wideband on it and stop the guesswork

• Like 1