1127 crank into 1052

Sandman

35 minutes ago, manden said:

im really thinking of buying an say what now!? case and an 68mm crank and have it as a winter project. it would be awesome with 68mm stroke, its like an busa.

Nice project - my crank was Ā£1800 15 odd years ago - no CNC all manual turning and milling. A set of billet cases........ maybe Ā£5000 - maybe triple that! What size pistons are you considering 81mm? Lot of dosh for just 1400cc!

I would have to cross reference part numbers to check all that out. My feeling is the 1400 crank is going to be physically big. Not just throw wise but also web diameters. Custom cases I would think. Check 1400 clutch part numbers to see if things cross over there too as that may be an area that doesnā€™t help with the primary drive if itā€™s different.Ā 

As shown on the Picture, one of the cam lobes and rocker arms are worn out. Fortunately, I got a race ported and shimmed head with stiffer valve springs and a set of webcam camshafts laying around.

I also need to grind off the bottom crank to get correct clearance between rod no. 3 and the crank case. Rest of the work should be straight forward, just having to order new crankshaft and rod bearing.