1127 crank into 1052

Sandman

why?

Because I've got 2 (low milage) engines for free from a friend.

Engine No. 1: 1127ccm with damaged crankcase after a crash

Engine No. 2: 1052ccm with damaged crankshaft and rods

Therefore, I will try to swap the crankshaft, pistons, rods and transmission from 1127ccm into the 1052ccm crankcase.

58 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The 1127 has 59 mm stroke, and 1052 had 58 mm stroke, but the height of the barrels are the same.

Which implies the pistons are taller in the 1052? And so if used with a +1mm stroke they'll pop out the top of the block. Can't use the 1127 pistons unless you over bore the barrels hence matching barrels to crank.

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

why?

Because I've got 2 (low milage) engines for free from a friend.

Engine No. 1: 1127ccm with damaged crankcase after a crash

Engine No. 2: 1052ccm with damaged crankshaft and rods

Therefore, I will try to swap the crankshaft, pistons, rods and transmission from 1127ccm into the 1052ccm crankcase.

Was thinking perhaps building sneaky slabby racer.

1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Which implies the pistons are taller in the 1052? And so if used with a +1mm stroke they'll pop out the top of the block. Can't use the 1127 pistons unless you over bore the barrels hence matching barrels to crank.

No, because JE 78 mm pistons can be used as standard bore (high-comp) for the 1127 og big-bore (1109) for 1052.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Sandman said:

Anyone tried to swap a crankhaft and transmission from 1127 into 1052 gsxr engine?

Yes 1127 crank will go into 1052 cases, if I remember you have to open the cases a little to get the 1127 cylinder to go on.  the last engine I did I used a set of  T pot cases all black and brand new old stock with 1127 crank 1216 pistons  six speed gearbox .

• Like 1