Fuel line conns?

So i have a set of 36's from a GSX1100F connecting to a Slabby 11 tap.

Question(s) are: On the Carbs you can see the 2x breathers near the top, 1x Vac pipe hidden between 2-3 carbs & 2x fuel intakes at the lower rail.

So does it make any difference which tap exit goes to where, as one is for reserve? Also which tap outlet is the reserve too, the curved, or stumpy one?

16809188_10154794653180733_710617064_n.jpg

19830215_10155226931495733_2028240409_o.jpg

I thought the 1100F carbs were the same as for the GSXR1100J - BST34. Those definitely look the same as the bank I have just rebuilt. Anyway,  if the tap reserve has a separate spigot, personally I would run from the tap 2 into one T then another T to feed each carb so everything is getting its fair share. Isn't one spigot for the vacuum take off though? Or is that another one?

IMGP0623.JPG

53 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I thought the 1100F carbs were the same as for the GSXR1100J - BST34. Those definitely look the same as the bank I have just rebuilt. Anyway,  if the tap reserve has a separate spigot, personally I would run from the tap 2 into one T then another T to feed each carb so everything is getting its fair share. Isn't one spigot for the vacuum take off though? Or is that another one?

IMGP0623.JPG

Yes you're right 34's.  As for using both tap feeds to a T, then to single pipe to another T, to feed the 2 inlets seems a bit extreme?

Why would you have a seperate fuel delivery system between main and reserve? Most reserve taps just switch to a lower pick-up within the tank and send it down the same pipe/s to the carbs. Are u sure its just not a twin outlet tap?

BTW - CV carbs are not ideal for racing purposes as power delivery isn't necessarily controlled by your right hand!

If it's for a competition bike then maybe go for a non-vacuum alternative tap with a single outlet and a simple T or if flush 2 outlets. It's not as if reserve will be needed if it's on a non-road bike. Then non-CV carbs when possible (???) although as we all know these aren't exactly cheap for a decent set.

Edited by Dezza
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Why would you have a seperate fuel delivery system between main and reserve? Most reserve taps just switch to a lower pick-up within the tank and send it down the same pipe/s to the carbs. Are u sure its just not a twin outlet tap?

That's how i remember it too. However, whatever this tap is, just clearing up that it isn't a seperate reserve outlet. Then how to supply the 2 intakes on the fuel rail ;)