ZX10 pistons/ 750 motor

I remember reading a few things in the past, but searching doesn't really answer my questions;

-Which year ZX10 pistons can you fit to which 750 motor?
-What displacement does this give me?
-What are the other mods involved?
-Who has actually done it?

A quest for more power is on :pimp:

Answers below (y) 

I have spoken about this before but haven't got around to mocking up an engine yet.

2011 on I think ZX10R pistons are lightweight slipper 76mm so would give 884 on a 749  

Gudgeon pins I think are 15mm possibly 16 I will have  a measure.

I have a set of 884 pistons to measure the ZX10R pistons against for pin to crown height and compare weight , I think the crown will be lower and they will be a LOT lighter 

Edited by gsxr884
3 minutes ago, Rene EFE said:

Lighter is better, but a lower crown could prove to be an issue I guess

Yes there may be some compensation required regarding block height

cam chain length/tensioner blades will be a problem if you shorten the block  longer rods may be required ,once I have measured the pistons I will let you know 

Very keen to find out. I thought there was one guy on here that already had a runner, but I can't find it.

I can't get on with building the Slabby racebike due to having to wait for the frame to become available. Because of that, I want to get a bit clever with the Banana to get some more power out if it

@Rene EFE08-12 zx10r pistons are 17mm pin 76mm diameter giving 883. They are a flat top piston so head would have to be skimmed for a raise in cr. Deck height idk but you would have to Bush the little end, drop liners out and skim block at bottom to get height right then refit liners. Done some messing around with gsxr1000 pistons and deck heights aren’t that dissimilar modern to old school piston wise so would guess zx10r aren’t that far from the say what now!? ones. Hope this is of use. (y)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, clivegto said:

@Danm54 fitted zx10 pistons to his turbo bike I think.

I have a plan to fit a lightened 1052 crank into a 748 motor then fit the 1052 barrels and dot head.

if you can make the case accept the long stroke engine youre gonna get a killer motor. got a similar just an 1100 casing with 78mm modern pistons and its a little faster than a bmw s1000r with 160hp

31 minutes ago, manden said:

if you can make the case accept the long stroke engine youre gonna get a killer motor. got a similar just an 1100 casing with 78mm modern pistons and its a little faster than a bmw s1000r with 160hp

This one is awesome 1052 bottom end with flowed dot head gsxr 750k cams my plan is to build one that spins up quickly & has 6 speed gear box.

20180727_191346.jpg

• Like 1

I did not realise the 750 DOT head fitted the slabside engine. I have a Frankenstein 750/1100 engine with 750 slabside cases and a 1052 top end. It's obviously seen better days and needs attention but I am reluctant to keep the 6 speed box as the gears must be narrower than the 1052 5 speed and it's not as if these engines are lacking in low down and mid-range power. My aim is to use a bona-fide 1052 bottom end with 78mm wiseco pistons with the 1052 head and barrels from my Frankenmotor. Would a DOT head work with this or would the compression go through the roof? If the 1052 head is best what cams would be optimal?

On 7/28/2018 at 7:49 AM, davecara said:

@slingy1157did his 750 efi turbo using zx10 pistons iirc

Yep. Mine was stock shortstroke, bored to 76mm. Stock rods sleave to 17mm? I think. 04 zx10 pistons. Deck height was mere perfect from memory and used a stock 1052 head gasket. The big problem was CR. This was about 7.5-1, low even for turbo use, and this was already with a dot head obviously. CR would improve with a longer stroke a bit but I doubt a head skim would gain enough for NA running