Suzuki Classic Bike Trackday Sept 13th Cadwell Park

Paulm

Guest YoshiJohnny

was great to catch up.... bit frazzled from the drive and the super drugs I am on but it was a fab day, got to shake hands and have a quick chat with Steve Parrish who was really nice.

Rode through to spectate for a couple of hours in the early afternoon, spotted a few of the usual suspects from this parish.  Nice day for it.  TBH I expected a bit more from the hype before the event https://bikes.suzuki.co.uk/news/suzuki-announces-classic-bike-track-day-at-cadwell-park/  .  Apart from the trackday riding there wasn't a great deal else to see and the paddock displays were rather smaller that you might have expected from the promo.  But hey-ho, it was free to have a look and the ride there was nice enough.

Saw someone's Old Skool turboed bike on the dyno mightily impressing the dyno man with I think he said 260bhp :o.  Sounded awesome too.  What seemed to really impress was the lovely power curve.  Must be someone on here's bike?  A FBM product?

40 minutes ago, Crass said:

Saw someone's Old Skool turboed bike on the dyno mightily impressing the dyno man with I think he said 260bhp :o.  Sounded awesome too.  What seemed to really impress was the lovely power curve.  Must be someone on here's bike?  A FBM product?

That was me lol. It was a second hand turbo kit for a b12 I adapted to fit the 750 slabside frame. Engine is b12 1216cc  busa rods, pistons 2mm spacer plate, big valve head & flowed by Rodger Upperton, gsx1100f cams, b12 carbs, lock up clutch held together with APE stuff.

20180913_143018.jpg

20180913_180706.jpg

20180908_185300.jpg

20180908_185228.jpg

• Like 8
14 hours ago, clivegto said:

That was me lol. It was a second hand turbo kit for a b12 I adapted to fit the 750 slabside frame. Engine is b12 1216cc  busa rods, pistons 2mm spacer plate, big valve head & flowed by Rodger Upperton, gsx1100f cams, b12 carbs, lock up clutch held together with APE stuff.

Well done Clive, nice bike.  I had to chuckle at the faces on the small gaggle of onlookers, they seemed totally WTF that some oil boiler could put out those sort of figures.  I think you opened a few eyes there!  As I said to one of them, the old ones are still the best ;)

• Like 2