Tune up Katana or engine swap gsx?

9 hours ago, TrunKz said:

why do you want to swap the GSX engine?
Personally, I would be interested in some goodies for the Kat :) What have you changed there on the engine so far?

just thinking of doing some sprints/rwyb on the gsx so thought a bandit or gsxr engine would give it the oomph required. would then limit the kat to etbike and run it safe as it is , 1170 , flowed head , hd billet clutch , welded crank , rs carbs .  but then thought maybe go for it and sell the gsx which should give me the dough to run a fair bit quicker on the kat! 

Decisions, decisions. 

I think it depends whether you want the Kat to go faster or you want to spread your efforts in the name of variety.

If you fancy a change of focus it won't do you any harm. If the Kat is well you can always do it later.

The last thing you want though is both bikes needing work. That's a mojo sapper.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, et1170 said:

just thinking of doing some sprints/rwyb on the gsx so thought a bandit or gsxr engine would give it the oomph required. would then limit the kat to etbike and run it safe as it is , 1170 , flowed head , hd billet clutch , welded crank , rs carbs .  but then thought maybe go for it and sell the gsx which should give me the dough to run a fair bit quicker on the kat! 

Swapping a air cooled lump for a oil cooled one is like throwing Pamela anderson out your bed and dragging leo sayer in instead. 

I Luv the Air Cooled motor but From a practical view O.o

The Oil Boiler is lighter , its makes more beans stock , its cheaper to tune, turbo or gas and in a light minimalist drag bake will go high 9,s in stock form.....:tu

Pamela is just like the air cooled motor good in its day but a little long in the tooth now and need's more $$$ to keep up now there are younger upstarts in the frame 9_9

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 3