Simple cheap upgrades, read on...

So what can i do to the drag bike that's cheap enough before i start proper tweaking next year?  Looking at opinions on the stock GSX1100F engine that's in the slabby frame.

So far, Dyna 3ohm, Lock up, as far as what i did so far. Don't look like it's gonna be done any time soon, so wondering what i should spend my sick money on :) 

If its not structural - put a holes / holes in it.......... if it has a hole / holes - make them bigger. If its a fastener not holding anything important - use alloy.

Use tank as a cover and fab up something that holds a couple of litres. Run total loss ign - save weight of alternator! Lose a disc and caliper off the front.

Use a 125 sport bike front end with single disc........................how commited are you?

Edited by Gixer1460

Do the basic's ...O.o  make sure it rolls with the minimum resistance...brakes not binding and wheel bearings well greased "if your feeling flush fit ceramic bearings"

Almost every RWYB bike I,ve ever pushed up in the queue when the owner has gone AWOL would benefit from the simple basics to reduce rolling resistance 9_9

• Like 1

What Clive said... in fact, you could fit wheel bearings without seals and spray them with WD40 (or similar lube) just before each run like what the 600 Supersport drag racers in Yankland used to do before ceramic bearings became readily available... and kick the front calipers after the burnout.

Already fitted RS type seals in both wheels, so that's staying as is. Arm is a weight thing i agree, but it serves a purpose as a 1st build & RWYB.

As said, when funds allow, then i'll get into the engine, look at moving battery down & back, having tank cut, decide on arm, etc etc.

Just looking at simple basics, this is new territory here so don't be so rash @K.H.I  :P