HPF1

Chassis wise, I sold the ohlins shock it came with, it was pretty old and knackered. Turns out it was from a Ducati 888, so got good money for it.

I've replaced it with a Maxton Gp10 I bought from Classic team Suzuki  since they now use Ktech on there TT bike.

I still need to sort some fork internals, but next expenditure will be the yokes.

I've modelled them up and hopefully will get them machined up in the next month or so. Just need to fitt the 3d printed versions I've made to check clearance first.1088694508_Yokeassy..thumb.png.39181339396dc203e69a9d58abcb7ed0.png

Also modelled up the wheels so I can design the rear disc and caliper hanger, and wheel spacers.20191210_182414.thumb.jpg.1e6a84b9b5107bf091cf9f05617e8501.jpg

I've cleared the decks now to start the build proper.

20191228_180557.thumb.jpg.1af5164bfbc2e321e9621b6dbb807256.jpg20191228_180604.thumb.jpg.727a7637a6b17ada492cf4cb4245a743.jpg

There will be a short hiatus as I bugger off to New Zealand for six weeks in 10 days time. I do hope to source some coils and hopefully some exhaust headers whilst I'm there though.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Looking really good Dunk, is the oil cooler held on with big O rings ? What did you use. I had some that snapped resulting with the cooler riding on the front mudguard O.o

I will use Vacuum cleaner drive belts if I can find them still. that's what we're used in period on race cars and bikes.

Otherwise it will be some thick viton o rings .

17 hours ago, LiamMcC said:

Nice build! I'm in the middle of building one of these too. What's the tank from, doesn't look like the generic F1 tanks out there? 

The tank was made by Parker Fabrications (who make the Tanks for Harris now) in Bournemouth in the Mid 90s,  the original was damaged when the bike fell off the back of an AA lorry!

I believe it is an Srad BSB spec tank, with the bottom reshaped to fit the frame, though Parkers can't remember.  It is beautifully made though, and never had fuel in as far as I can tell.

I don't like the shape though, so it will be replaced.

Lets seem some pictures of yours please.

• Like 1

This is mine as I bought it, now in bits! The frame has been straightened by Motorliner, powder coated at Rye metal finishing which has turned out a very nice finish satin black. I managed to get a matching dymag front to go with the rear and they have been done by TPCS - Satin black. I'm building the motor for the European Classic Endurance Cup next season. Forks are CBR 400 with Ohlins cartridges. It should be a nice bike..

My F1 1.jpg

My F1 2.jpg

My F1 3.jpg

My F1 4.jpg

My F1 5.jpg

My F1 6.jpg

My F1.jpg

• Like 10
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Great work Duncan, Luving this build, I'm sad u had to powder coat the frame thou, if i saw this post earlier i would of recommended you cerakote it clear.

just had mine re-welded and modified.

IMG_4582.JPG

IMG_4583.JPG

Looks stunning. 

Personally though clear coating bare metal is too contrived. It's either bare Metal so easily inspected and repaired, or you paint, plate or powder coat in  colour that suits the rest of the build. 

I would of loved to have left mine bare, but it's not really practical, and couldn't bring myself to clear coat it.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...