HPF1

39 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Was going to fit and time the cams today, but the sun came out so I went to the pub instead.

Not a total loss then (y) I got dragged to b&q.....at least it was raining outside 

Edited by DAZ
Addition
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, dupersunc said:

So firstly I decided the bare metal frame wasn't going to work, it was going rusty sat in a warm dry workshop despite coating it with wd40.

So the frame has been powdercoated Dorset racing grey.

20191228_152106.thumb.jpg.b1eded63509b74c08adacf3c77dc8d24.jpg

Also had @Gsxrsammachine up some billet engine mounts for me, and I've had some oil cooler mounts water jet cut too.

Spent the last week or so building a new engine based on a cheap bandit 1200 that had been dismantled by a monkey and thrown in a crate. I've repaired and painted the cases, replaced all the crank bearings, seals and gaskets and cam chain, it will be topped of with an 81mm Wiseco kit, an Upperton big valve head an Kent suz1 cams. 20191228_152128.thumb.jpg.16126f30a1609a6d2140f06de8f1acbe.jpg

Should be ready to go in the frame next week.  Need some oil drain tubes before I can build the top end up. currently fabricating some alloy versions.

Would you fancy making some more of the ally oil tubes ?? :) @dupersunc