HPF1

1 hour ago, clivegto said:

Looking really good this Dunc. Did you make the white plastic thing that to me looks like it will direct air to the oil cooler. 

Yes Its and oil cooler duct. It was made buy a friend from fibre glass originally for his scratch built  Ducati Race bike.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, Doc said:

@dupersuncDo you know anything about that frame? I’d be interested to know since I bought it. 

Only what I've read on line. That pic was from an Eblag advert from a few years ago.

Original Harris f1 frame that had been modified by Del Chittenden, of Hejira fame, to take the slingshot swingarm and bespoke linkage.  Looks like its had some repair around the headstock from the scorch marks.

The finished bike looked good. Modified slabby tank?

11 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Only what I've read on line. That pic was from an Eblag advert from a few years ago.

Original Harris f1 frame that had been modified by Del Chittenden, of Hejira fame, to take the slingshot swingarm and bespoke linkage.  Looks like its had some repair around the headstock from the scorch marks.

The finished bike looked good. Modified slabby tank?

The tank is ally fabricated job, apparently new but don’t know where from. Unfortunately the bike had been slapped together to sit in a museum. It’s a very long way from rideable and will need building more or less from scratch.  But all of the bits are there, or thereabouts. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

The tank is ally fabricated job, apparently new but don’t know where from. Unfortunately the bike had been slapped together to sit in a museum. It’s a very long way from rideable and will need building more or less from scratch.  But all of the bits are there, or thereabouts. 

Bugger. Sorry to hear that. It looked shiny. The seller seemed to have 2 others.

• 1 month later...

Hello. So. Where were we?

Ah yes building a bike.

So serious case of CBA overthe last few months. Broken bones, loss of workshop, lack of mojo and funds etc.etc.

This week has seen progress of sorts. Bespoke rear disc made, lots of other one off brackets, and bits and bobs have been commissioned, and most excitingly I dug the bike out of storage today and dropped it off to have a brand new Tank made. 

The new tank is being made by the chap who now does all of Harris's tanks, and also made the current tank on the bike.

Interestingly he remembered the bike from when he made the last tank 25years ago, and think he may even have the original tank buried somewhere.

Pics to follow this week. 

• Like 2