HPF1

16 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Wheels will be good Astralites.

But what colour do I do the bodywork?

It will be difficult (although not impossible, see previous incarnation with 750w engineO.o) to make a bike with this frame kit look anything other than great. There are probably a few too many similar machines that are either in Heron colours or Suzuki blue/white. Maybe something a little more quirky/original?:)

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

What's your plan.

I rate Nathan and he was convinced they would not be able to get it work, because of balance of getting ramps to jump verses the grip under power. On stock motor could see it working and as you don't do stock really curious and interested.

Nathan spent a lot of time playing stiffer springs and preload spacers on the clutch pressure plate. 

They didn't get the chance to try stiffer slipper springs. My plan is to get stiffer slipper springs made up. 

As you say it will be a truck to balance slip on over run and grip on drive.

The plan is to put this clutch in my slabbie race bike along with your old Upperton head and some 81mm wisecos. and have a play.

The Harris is on the back burner at the moment, as I don't have the cash to do it how I want. I think I'm going to build it as a fast road bike now.

4 minutes ago, jonny1bump said:

That's really interesting. You got Roger to do seats. Regret selling loads stuff including that head was having had enough bikes moment lol. 

The plan is to get the seats done in the next coue of months. Currently in NZ for 5 weeks so projects are on hold. need to find out want a broken on the slabbie frame too as it's gone all wobbly. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This project has been on the back burner. Too busy with work and funds going else where. Add to the fact I blew the motor in my slabbie so stole this motor for that, and things have been going backwards.

The motor made 157bhp on the dyno, and the slipper clutch behaved on track despite some less than perfect plates.

But things are moving forwards now.

So firstly I decided the bare metal frame wasn't going to work, it was going rusty sat in a warm dry workshop despite coating it with wd40.

So the frame has been powdercoated Dorset racing grey.

20191228_152106.thumb.jpg.b1eded63509b74c08adacf3c77dc8d24.jpg

Also had @Gsxrsammachine up some billet engine mounts for me, and I've had some oil cooler mounts water jet cut too.

Spent the last week or so building a new engine based on a cheap bandit 1200 that had been dismantled by a monkey and thrown in a crate. I've repaired and painted the cases, replaced all the crank bearings, seals and gaskets and cam chain, it will be topped of with an 81mm Wiseco kit, an Upperton big valve head an Kent suz1 cams. 20191228_152128.thumb.jpg.16126f30a1609a6d2140f06de8f1acbe.jpg

Should be ready to go in the frame next week.  Need some oil drain tubes before I can build the top end up. currently fabricating some alloy versions.

• Like 5