Vance & Hines powerpak

Some googling found an instruction manual for a fairybread unit....

7b1b4928478364.jpg

c72cb728478367.jpg

And the rev limits from the 88-91 750 version:

" I have a power pack thats good for 750's from 88-91, part #22350. I dont know how compatible it is on yours. I do still have all the paperwork from it. Hopefully the settings are the same. Anyway, Rev-limit Range 1 is 12,000 rpm....Rev-limit Range 2 is 12,500 rpm...Rev-limit Range 3 is 13,000 rpm....Rev-limit Range 4 is 14,000 rpm. Performance Range 1 is the stock setting......Performance Range 2 is "Performance".....Performance Range 3 is the roadrace setting...Performance Range 4 is the dragrace setting.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gammaboy said:

Some googling found an instruction manual for a fairybread unit....

7b1b4928478364.jpg

c72cb728478367.jpg

And the rev limits from the -91 750 version:

The toggle positions are all printed on the inside of the cover and I found some instructions on another site that explained what the various modes were for the 750. What are the pro's and cons of single vs double pick ups?

15 minutes ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

The toggle positions are all printed on the inside of the cover and I found some instructions on another site that explained what the various modes were for the 750. What are the pro's and cons of single vs double pick ups?

There's only one to go wrong

• Like 1
11 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

Aha here's the thing. Just went out to the garage and took a look at the V&H unit and it only has one pick up connection. The 1100 is a twin pick up. The CDI I have is in a bit of state open at one end and held together with cable ties so I may have to source a replacement.

Easy fix mate. Just use one of the 2 pickups and fit a slingshot rotor. I may even have a spare rotor you can have

we've talked about this Kutungamungler……

……..you're either a racer....

…...or a spanner monkey.

but you can't be both!

(to be read in the same accent as the Mabie dick)

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, vizman said:

…...or a spanner monkey.

but you can't be both!

I beg to differ :-P

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, vizman said:

…...or a spanner monkey.

but you can't be both!

Dude I'm an alsoran. I have to do my own stuff. Ain't nobody got time for my shit but me.

Unless of course, I kidnapp @Sam-Jaffa

• Like 1
20 hours ago, MeanBean49 said:

Easy fix mate. Just use one of the 2 pickups and fit a slingshot rotor. I may even have a spare rotor you can have 

I kinda hoped it would be that easy on the pickup side - of course, given the fuckery some have encountered with suzuki changing pickup arrangements on other stuff, I figured there was probably 50/50 likely hood that the pickup wouldn't be in the right spot!

1 hour ago, Gammaboy said:

I kinda hoped it would be that easy on the pickup side - of course, given the fuckery some have encountered with suzuki changing pickup arrangements on other stuff, I figured there was probably 50/50 likely hood that the pickup wouldn't be in the right spot!

It is. Done it a few times

• 4 years later...

Has any one ever put a VHPP on a Vulcan 800 carberated motorcycle I can't find the pin out for the7 wore VHPP. I am broke and this will be my only chance to have a cdi to get to work if not I'll end up going to jail cause I'm on probation and required to have a job. To ride  no job 

À

As we are mainly UK / European based and both the 'Vulcan' or V&H ignitions were neither popular or widely used, the info you seek will be thin on the ground (here at least). If its that important . . . . . . . . . . . .  why aren't you asking V&H themselves?