GSXr 600 srad 1998 clutch diaghram screws

Hi

has anyone here got experience of replacing the 3 little screws that hold the 2 diaghram springs in place ?

Is it ok to but machine screws  to do the job m2.2 x 6mm long countersunk or do they have to be the original suzuki ones ?

Which of course wil cost arm and a leg.

Any advice or information appreciated

5 hours ago, GS1000 78 said:

Hi

has anyone here got experience of replacing the 3 little screws that hold the 2 diaghram springs in place ?

Is it ok to but machine screws  to do the job m2.2 x 6mm long countersunk or do they have to be the original suzuki ones ?

Which of course wil cost arm and a leg.

Any advice or information appreciated

if its the same as a blandit one they are not needed as the large centre nut holds it all together

but if you want some they are   £2.83 each from Robinsons

Edited by Duckndive
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in the process of installing the clutch on my bandit at the moment and I wish I had seen this last week. It would have saved me £40 odd quid. I bought a new clutch spring holder and 3 screws. My original clutch spring holder only has 2 holes in it, I thought it was a cock up or machining error at the factory so I got a new one. The new one only has two holes in as well so I rang up Robinsons and the lovely lady tells me that it is correct and that Suzuki changed them to 2 holes years ago.9_9