Sign in to follow this  
clivegto

Turbo cam timing

What are peoples opinions on the best cam timing for a turbo set up for 1216cc big inlet valves flowed head 1100f cams mk1 b12 carbs tdo4 turbo.

I set my 1100K Stock Head ,Stock Cam's, 1216 Busa Piston  Draw Thru at 110 / 110 ......:tu

• Like 1

108/110 on draw and blow through 1216 was good for me.

• Like 1

I've been playing with that, whatever I changed from stock setting makes the throttle less responsive before boost, on boost hardly any difference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

I've been playing with that, whatever I changed from stock setting makes the throttle less responsive before boost, on boost hardly any difference.

What is stock on oil cooled heads or do they vary from model to model.

I  was 110/110 on myn , bandito was same.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:43 AM, clivegto said:

What is stock on oil cooled heads or do they vary from model to model.

Used the timing marks on the camshafts

Timing marks on the cam sprockets are more often than not out a little - Lee Workman did a few great articles in Streetfighters mag years ago on cam timing and how to dial in oil cooled engines - 110 degrees is a great setting for Gsxr/bandit engines to get power higher up in the rev range as thats what these engines are designed for N/A - It is hard to beat even on a turbo so I would recommend this timing also.

Posted (edited)

105/108 seems to be working good with my turbo.  Got those #'s  from  more than one turbo gsxr guy. NOS guys i know run more like 110/110-112

Edited by mikeyd
  • Like 1

Just started my turbo build engine so this info is useful suppose like any tuning everybody has there own theories  but if it works it works are a lot of you just running standard cams?

27 minutes ago, Allspeeds said:

Just started my turbo build engine so this info is useful suppose like any tuning everybody has there own theories  but if it works it works are a lot of you just running standard cams?

In the end I ran the standard settings on gsx1100f cams in a b12 motor with the b12 cam wheels.

Thanks for your reply mate on a big learning curve with this  project