A DVLA Dating Question

gmseed

5 points is for an original, un altered frame :(

Keep a vehicle’s original registration number

A rebuilt vehicle can keep its original registration number if you can prove you’ve used:

• the original unmodified chassis or bodyshell (car or light van)
  • a new chassis or monocoque bodyshell of the same specification as the original (car or light van)
  • the original unmodified frame (motorbike)
  • a new frame of the same specification as the original (motorbike)

I have been aware of this for a good few years, maybe 10 or so, I have built various trikes and chops along the way, the way I have always read it, is a unaltered original frame to get 5 points out of the 8, if you don't get the 5 for the unaltered frame you can't retain the plate even if you get 8 from elsewhere, that's my take and has been for a lot of years

So unaltered meaning if it's twinshock you can't monoshock it, you cant do away with a swingarm and hardtail it

Edited by Swirl
  • Like 1
On 6/14/2018 at 10:38 PM, Swiss Toni said:

The bastards please themselves, and make it up as they go along. I can see us going to be lumbered with something akin to TUV.

Our days are numbered! 

We were saying the same 25 years ago and beyond with the impending inevitability of compulsory leg protectors and power restrictions:)

• Like 1