Fatty & Yoshi.....

• 5 months later...

Hi Rick

I see you're using stacks on the CV carbs on the Yoshi bike.  I have a stock 1150EF 1986 which I want to build into a home-built frame.  I would like to lose the airbox and fit K&N or similar filters but I've heard that it is difficult to get the engine to run smoothly from the bottom with this mod.  Do you have any information on how to do this.  Thanks

Edited by Andrew
On 5/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, CockneyRick said:

Well Ole Fatty didn't let me down, needed a jump but started virtually 1st time after nearly 2 yrs in storage!

Yoshi was not so forgiving, not budging from hibernation :( 

Serious dust & corrosion has set in, even the grips have gone mouldy!

You have got some seriously nice bikes there, hope you can get your hip fixed so you can ride them soon.

:)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Askamaskinservice said:

Hi and welcome to OSS Andrew, got pictures?

Hi Askamaskinservice, thanks for the welcome.  I have not started the new frame build yet.  I have 'chopped' the standard frame behind the tank to lower the rider's seat 'cos I'm a shorty.  However, that is too ugly to show on this high-class forum.  The only pretty pics I have are of my SB4 - currently under a sheet in the back of the garage.

IMG_1998.JPG

• Like 3
On 11/3/2018 at 10:46 PM, Andrew said:

Hi Askamaskinservice, thanks for the welcome.  I have not started the new frame build yet.  I have 'chopped' the standard frame behind the tank to lower the rider's seat 'cos I'm a shorty.  However, that is too ugly to show on this high-class forum.  The only pretty pics I have are of my SB4 - currently under a sheet in the back of the garage.

IMG_1998.JPG

Love it.