Clutch slave clearance issue

1052 Motor, 18t sprocket spacer out 6mm, 530 chain;

just got it running somewhere near right, took it p the road and lost my clutch. Took the cover off to reveal the slave has been mashed by the chain. 

Any suggestions how to sort it? Can’t really space the cover out as the gear linkage won’t go back onO.o

I’m stuck with the 18t too as the chain hits the swinger with a 17t

I didn't think an 18T was possible with a 530 chain - all to tight everywhere...... a 17T is tight enough!

Chain always hit the swinger - it's designed to do that - that what the rubber guide was for - piccy is example - #12

Lot of people use a strip of nylon in lieu of the rubber - use domed or countersunk screws or the chain will catch and that's a world of pain!

Swingarm.jpg

• Like 1

You could put one of the fish type sprockets covers on, leave the gear linkage part as it comes, space out the clutch slave part out more, but you would also need to make a longer push for but that's just some 6mm bar. ;)

(Can see/get them on fbay) ;)

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, wraith said:

You could put one of the fish type sprockets covers on, leave the gear linkage part as it comes, space out the clutch slave part out more, but you would also need to make a longer push for but that's just some 6mm bar. ;)

(Can see/get them on fbay) ;)

Thought of that but my speedo pickup is on the end of the output shaft so I’m stuck using a mk2 blandit sprocket cover

One thing to be aware of tho is the gearshaft is integral to the cover not flexing when using clutch.

So you need to retain as many of the mount bolt holes as poss to stop that happening.

I would suggest this piece, so retaining bolts either side, then extend clutch pushrod by same as spacers on all the bolts :) 

31961783_10156051209510733_615552737177763840_nA.jpg