GSXR1100W and Bandit 1250 interchangeability

So, i vaguely recall seeing something comparing the B1250 barrels to the GSXR1100 barrels, but don't recall the outcomes. So, it's pretty obvious that the 1250 is based on the old 1100W, but how usefull is that to people wanting to build frankenstein motors? B1250 barrels/crank into GSXR1100? GSXR head onto B1250 bottom end complete? I imagine the state of tune of the 1250 is pretty soft with small ports/valves/throttle bodies...

Of course, my interest in this is purely theoretical at the moment...

you can put top end from 1250 onto 1100w bottom end. Crank is different as 1250 has alternator on end of crank. Barrels are chrome bore instead of linered wet block 1100w. Cams interchange. Crank shells are the same as 1100 and busa. Just had a set of barrels replated to fit busa pistons for my turbo project. Throttle Bodys will fit 1100w but the secondary butterfly servo motor is in the middle of the tbs. spacing is same though. I'm using 2012 gsxr750 tbs spaced so I can use 2 stages of injectors. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6
  • 6 months later...

Has anyone actually built and run a N/A hybrid motor, because I'm wondering if the possible gains if any are worth the effort. Or was there another reason to build the Hybrid motor ?

Just wondering as I have an 1100wp and weighing up options if I had motor problems in the future it would be good to know what possible alternatives there are.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

GSF1250 has a very fat Ass, does look like it is all in the knickers (cases).

I don't know, , the stack is 9 friction plates, but some of the photos that I've been looking at seem like is a much bigger basket on the  1250. Maybe is closer to 1400 in this area and that is like Busa.

I still like the idea of later 6 speed in w cases though. 

If anybody knows of a set of rods and high comp pistons that would be workable with 1250 barrels, I'd be all ears.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, markfoggy said:

GSF1250 has a very fat Ass, does look like it is all in the knickers (cases).

I don't know, , the stack is 9 friction plates, but some of the photos that I've been looking at seem like is a much bigger basket on the  1250. Maybe is closer to 1400 in this area and that is like Busa.

I still like the idea of later 6 speed in w cases though. 

If anybody knows of a set of rods and high comp pistons that would be workable with 1250 barrels, I'd be all ears.

Just doing a 1250 now. Had block re plated to 81mm for busa mk2 pistons and using busa mk2 rods as rod shell part numbers are same as busa. The stroke on the 1250 is exactly in the middle of mk1 busa and mk2 busa so maybe not much messing with base gaskets. Not got into it totally yet as work gets in the way. Looking at the clutch I am leaning towards buying an 09 and up r1000 slipper type clutch as some of the plates have the same part numbers as 1250. Also both types have chain drive oil pumps and 5 spring pressure plate so that’s making me think too. I havnt torn into the motor yet but I have a feeling the rods may be quite good anyway knowing the above. And they have 18mm piston pin. I have found out that the cams are not the same as water boiler w engine. The bearing diameter is increased by 1mm so no cheap swap there just need regrind to new profile as the stock intake is abysmal on lift, but would be good in exhaust side so only need one regrind for intake. 

Edited by Cheeky4648

I'm liking the cross reference, That clutch has got to hold some torque, so clever.

Keep us updated, you are cheating by fitting a huffer, I'm only really interested in going normally aspirated. I like motors that are designed to breathe.

I'm glad that you posted the info about the Cam journals. 

I just spotted these, which look interesting, if a little expensive.

I think that I know someone that will have an '09 R1 centre that they can check the splines against Hamamatsu Input shaft.

Who knows, crazier things have happened.

xD

Excuse me, I may have read some of that wrong, but is an experiment that could be useful. Even if the idea of cross breeding is illegal on this site.

:ph34r: 

Edited by markfoggy
Being stoopid.
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, markfoggy said:

I'm liking the cross reference, That clutch has got to hold some torque, so clever.

Keep us updated, you are cheating by fitting a huffer, I'm only really interested in going normally aspirated. I like motors that are designed to breathe.

I'm glad that you posted the info about the Cam journals. 

I just spotted these, which look interesting, if a little expensive.

Not turboing it  now @markfoggyam going aspirated with MaxxECU efi and zx10r throttle bodies. The clutch is a GsXr1000 not r1

Edited by Cheeky4648
  • 5 weeks later...

Ok, 1250 barrels are alleged to fit Boiler 1100, so that assumes that stud pattern is the same.

So 1100W head should fit on 1250 engine. 

Boiler is duplex chain and 1250 is Hyvo.

I am trying to get a tooth count for 1200   wheels to see if they might fit 1100W cams.

Could be the missing link?!?

23 hours ago, markfoggy said:

Ok, 1250 barrels are alleged to fit Boiler 1100, so that assumes that stud pattern is the same.

So 1100W head should fit on 1250 engine. 

Boiler is duplex chain and 1250 is Hyvo.

I am trying to get a tooth count for 1200   wheels to see if they might fit 1100W cams. 

Could be the missing link?!? 

Other option is 1250 sprockets onto 110W cams - bolt spacing is less critical compared to the inner bore... but it only matters if you're using the 1250 crank with the 1100 head.

Looking at photos, it looks like the 1250 has a stacked gear shaft arrangement  (Looks like the drive cluster is a cassette install into the case?) - part of why the clutch cover is so huge I guess.

My interest in the interchangability revolves around keeping the 1100 cases - would be very interested to know if the 1250 crank can fit in the 1100 cases and drive a clutch of some combination of parts - the left side of the crank is easy to cut down.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:32 PM, Gammaboy said:

Other option is 1250 sprockets onto 110W cams - bolt spacing is less critical compared to the inner bore... but it only matters if you're using the 1250 crank with the 1100 head.

Looking at photos, it looks like the 1250 has a stacked gear shaft arrangement  (Looks like the drive cluster is a cassette install into the case?) - part of why the clutch cover is so huge I guess.

My interest in the interchangability revolves around keeping the 1100 cases - would be very interested to know if the 1250 crank can fit in the 1100 cases and drive a clutch of some combination of parts - the left side of the crank is easy to cut down.

@Gammaboyon Sunday or Monday I can give you measurements of block and head for 1250 if you need things like stud spacing and block height etc. 

1250 crank won’t fit 1100. The rod bearings are the same but mains are smaller. Also crank gear is much larger. 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:42 PM, manden said:

Would an 1100 head month on an bandit engine?

@mandenalthough the stud spacing is the same the 1250 block has 2 bolts at the front in the camchain area and is wide at this point. The 1100 has only one bolt at the front and much narrower and my feeling is would not seal. 

The 1250 head uses same size valves,springs, collets, and retainers as 1100 (part numbers same) there is room for port work as with the 1100  

1100 cams won’t fit 1250 as cam bearing sizes are different.