GSX 1200 inazuma - tuning ?Bandit carbs ?

FJD

have a aquired a GSX 1200 Inazuma, there´s not much info around for these engines.

AFAIK the engine is the same a s the first Bandit 12 mill, but with different carb boots and smaller carbs fitted from factory for more low end response.

Has anyone here tried to fit Bandit 12 boots and carbs with good results ?

Congratulations on the new bike.(y)

The imazuma is big in Japan. 

Lots of tuning goodies to be had on Webike.jp or the likes.

Most of that stuff are also fitted to the first gen b12 and some gsxr1100-ers.

I think you are right regarding the carbs and boots but I have no first hand experience. 

There are more members on here with a gsx 1200. I think it was fatmama. 

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have a 2001 gsx1200 inazuma and I'm trying to find the diameter of the airbox side of the carbs as I want to remove the airbox and replace with air pods but without removing carbs and airbox it seems impossible to find the diameter. Muchly appreciated if someone can help 

3 hours ago, Busaboy09 said:

Hi, I have a 2001 gsx1200 inazuma and I'm trying to find the diameter of the airbox side of the carbs as I want to remove the airbox and replace with air pods but without removing carbs and airbox it seems impossible to find the diameter. Muchly appreciated if someone can help 

the standard Inazuma uses 32mm carbs ( bandit 1200 uses 36mm) same as a 600 bandit, so get pods for a B6. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Busaboy09 said:

Bear in mind you'll want to do something to the jetting if you replace the airbox - there might be a 'stage 3' jet kit for the 600 but you're flowing more air in the 1200 so guess that won't be the answer... if you can, maybe Bandit 1200 carbs and jets might be the closest to a known good condition.

13 hours ago, TonyGee said:

the standard Inazuma uses 32mm carbs ( bandit 1200 uses 36mm) same as a 600 bandit, so get pods for a B6. 

Going to stick with the inazuma carbs, I know they a 32mm but trying to find out the size of the air inlet side, heard 42-48 also heard 50. Looks like I may have to remove before ordering pods.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:02 AM, FJD said:

Good fun these airbox moves on the Inazuma 750 and 1200....to get them in/out without destroying you need to lower the engine in the frame......what a lot of shite work.....ask me how i know

How hard is it to lower the motor and how much do you have to drop it to get airbox out. Any info appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, Busaboy09 said:

Going to stick with the inazuma carbs, I know they a 32mm but trying to find out the size of the air inlet side, heard 42-48 also heard 50. Looks like I may have to remove before ordering pods.

I have some brand new pods fitted I fitted to to them 32 mm carbs 

I also have the boots which are hard to get hold of ,

And the carbs and cables ,sitting in a box 

£14 posted UK mainland  for the filters reasonable !

• Like 1