Bondy

Harris Magnum 4 Tribute

Credit due.

You did your mate proud, the bike proud and the forum proud, very much in that order.

People like you should get much more recognition.

Havent updayed for ages now. So, ive covered iver 2000 miles since it’s MoT early April. I took it to the TT. Had an issue with the oil cooler but apart from that it went ok. Engine turns out to be good except smoking on overrun. So that will need sorting out at some stage. Major issue last Sunday. The bottom engine mount where the side stand assembly attaches to snapped.  

7A8BB635-8FE7-46C6-9791-B0AA696D19FE.png

DDA11D73-7C97-4956-94B5-FB69EAC7BF16.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bondy said:

The bottom engine mount where the side stand assembly attaches to snapped.  

Massive design flaw on Harris's part. A M8 modified the arrangement on his before it saw any weight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bondy said:

Major issue last Sunday. The bottom engine mount where the side stand assembly attaches to snapped.  

7A8BB635-8FE7-46C6-9791-B0AA696D19FE.png

DDA11D73-7C97-4956-94B5-FB69EAC7BF16.png

Got a pic where it snapped mate.

7 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Massive design flaw on Harris's part. A M8 modified the arrangement on his before it saw any weight.

Do you know, ive heard of 4 now that have snapped. I plan on re engineering the side stand mounting point. Maybe make a bracket that picks up on 3 or 4 positions. Do you have any details at all? Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Simbec1863 said:

Were you marshalling at the classic TT thought I saw you on your other bike:)

Yes. I was marshalling there mate. And yes, i took the F1 to the classic TT and the Mag 4 to the TT. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bondy said:

Do you know, ive heard of 4 now that have snapped. I plan on re engineering the side stand mounting point. Maybe make a bracket that picks up on 3 or 4 positions. Do you have any details at all? Thanks. 

I'll ask next time I see him but won't be for a few weeks as off on hols shortly - i'll get a picture if I can!

I hope nothing bad happened when the bracket snapped to this exceptional beauty.

I hadn’t checked back on this since you first started. Fantastic work and tribute.

Cheers, Zweihammer 

On 9/20/2018 at 7:18 PM, Gixer1460 said:

I'll ask next time I see him but won't be for a few weeks as off on hols shortly - i'll get a picture if I can!

Grabbed some pictures the other nite - hope they help?

Mag4 Sidestand (1).JPG

Mag4 Sidestand (3).JPG

Mag4 Sidestand (4).JPG

Mag4 Sidestand (5).JPG

Mag4 Sidestand (6).JPG

• Like 2