Harris Magnum 4 Tribute

Bondy

• 3 months later...

Havent updayed for ages now. So, ive covered iver 2000 miles since it’s MoT early April. I took it to the TT. Had an issue with the oil cooler but apart from that it went ok. Engine turns out to be good except smoking on overrun. So that will need sorting out at some stage. Major issue last Sunday. The bottom engine mount where the side stand assembly attaches to snapped.  

7A8BB635-8FE7-46C6-9791-B0AA696D19FE.png

DDA11D73-7C97-4956-94B5-FB69EAC7BF16.png

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Massive design flaw on Harris's part. A M8 modified the arrangement on his before it saw any weight.

Do you know, ive heard of 4 now that have snapped. I plan on re engineering the side stand mounting point. Maybe make a bracket that picks up on 3 or 4 positions. Do you have any details at all? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Bondy said:

Do you know, ive heard of 4 now that have snapped. I plan on re engineering the side stand mounting point. Maybe make a bracket that picks up on 3 or 4 positions. Do you have any details at all? Thanks. 

I'll ask next time I see him but won't be for a few weeks as off on hols shortly - i'll get a picture if I can!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

if you're on friendface then Gary is much more active on that than on here, Harris owners and aircooled suzuki club, so he tells me. The seat looks like a rotax style. Email harris and ask as these were supplied by harris with the mag 4 frame kits. Gary is best to contact directly though :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tried adding a newish pic above, but technology fails me. :-/  Bike is still going ok. Engine is the same still. Still smoke on over run. Clutch is a bit grabby now too. Swapped the RS38’s for the smaller 36’s. Much better. Much more responsive. the rest is still ok. 

• Like 1