TMR inazuma fitment query

this is not insurmountable, so just trying to get info that might clear things up!

got my TMR 40's for inazuma GSX1200 fitment with inlet stubs of 46mm diameter at the inlet rubber seating area, so i assumed that was the size that was stock on the GSX12.

having purchased a set from Germany i was looking forward to just bolting them on and carbs fitting.

BUT when i saw the rubber i couldnt believe how narrow they were, so did a google search, seems like stock GSX12 has 32mm carbs, so the stock B12 rubbers i have are better and more up to the job. i can get the TMR stubs to fit the bandit rubbers but it will be a right bitch to get them seated on the bike.

does anyone know if the Jap market GSX12 has bigger carbs as stock than the EU market? or why Mikuni fit 46mm inlet stubs to the TMR's for fitment on a bike with 36mm i/d rubbers?  

Anybody?

Edited by 370steve

when you say 46mm inlet stub i take it you are measuring the outside of the carb where it would push into the rubber ? Stock bandit 1200 carbs are 40mm o/d at that point iirc ? I would look for some inlet rubbers that fit the larger bodied carbs as standard ie gsxr 750 M , gsxr 1100 L ,M,N . The gsxr 1100 M had 40mm cv carbs fitted as standard so the outside of those carbs is going to be a minimum of 44 mm where they push into the rubbers .

Edited by colinworth79
  • Like 1

Don't know much about the bike but 32mm carbs seems excessively small for a 1200! Having fitted RS40's which will have the same motor side diameters they fitted like a glove into GSXR 1100M rubbers (not unsurprising as they had 40mm CV's) and with a bloody struggle into GSXR 750 'DOT Head' rubbers which are 38mm dia.

• Like 1

Have you changed the cams Steve ?  I just wondered, as I think the Inazuma had B12 type cams/or similar cams and big old 40mm flatties will flow far more air than the engine/cams  can use ... you probably have and big bored/ported etc too .....    of course if you haven't, I've got a set of lovely 36mm cv carbs that would work a treat on a standard Inazuma and a 1186 ported GSXR that would love the TMRs ...... !!

Well it was worth a shot . . . . 

Edited by Oilyspanner
worth a go !
  • Like 3

@370steveWith relation to the GSXR1100M the EU bikes have 46mm intakes; the US bikes have 42mm. Which is equivalent to the 40mm CV vs the 36mm CV. The FCR39s I have fit beautifully in the 46mm intake boots. they bolt right up on my N head obviously. I believe they also bolt onto the earlier J,K,L head but the ports need matching as they aren't the same shape. I would suggest that the boot from the M/N with part numbers as shown below would work for you subject to some port work.

IMG_9340.thumb.jpg.d73470975b08ba4710009662cbd07ca5.jpg

• Like 3
On 10/03/2018 at 8:03 PM, Solcambs said:

@370steveWith relation to the GSXR1100M the EU bikes have 46mm intakes; the US bikes have 42mm. Which is equivalent to the 40mm CV vs the 36mm CV. The FCR39s I have fit beautifully in the 46mm intake boots. they bolt right up on my N head obviously. I believe they also bolt onto the earlier J,K,L head but the ports need matching as they aren't the same shape. I would suggest that the boot from the M/N with part numbers as shown below would work for you subject to some port work.

IMG_9340.thumb.jpg.d73470975b08ba4710009662cbd07ca5.jpg

cheers for that, another question for you please, how deep are they? ie distance from front engine mount to rear of rubber, as if i can get some inlet rubbers around 10mm shorter

than the stock bandit ones i have it will cure all the fitment problems i have :)

4 hours ago, 370steve said:

cheers for that, another question for you please, how deep are they? ie distance from front engine mount to rear of rubber, as if i can get some inlet rubbers around 10mm shorter

than the stock bandit ones i have it will cure all the fitment problems i have :)

They look to be 40mm  --- 

IMG_9518.thumb.jpg.684bec8752d72fdd6e8ccc7d12fcbbb1.jpg

• Like 1