PerforMoto Framed Vo Ist IT Nough

On 9/16/2019 at 5:45 PM, Gixer1460 said:

With a hump on the starter cover I suspect a GSXR11 (but which one ?) or Blandit. 

Re : The Head / frame mounts - not sure I like them due to using a non stressed member engine in a stressed member situation ie. it's not designed to resist those loads ............ it probably will for the low mileage the bike is likely to travel - doesn't make it right though + you are buggered trying to fit anything else in there  - 750 (nah) 1052 or 1127 (different ht.) stroke'd motor (no chance!) - all subject to how the head fixings work - solid fix or rubber grommets LOL!

Works fine on Bimota SB6s.

• Like 1

Thanks for the mag clue  trying to find a copy right now.

I do have the tank but the sub frame  mounts in the mag image are different

and the sub frame changed to fit what body work ??.

Thinking mybe i'll 916 rear end but ZXR was how it was featured  so might stay true to that ? .

The frame has under gone few adaptions  after being in mag.

Seen the artical  about Mike Tryphono a few mounth ago .

I got the bike from a mate who was in work shop when this frame was first  built

and who knew Mike Tryphono .

performoto 1 tank.jpg

• Like 2
On 9/18/2019 at 4:10 AM, Gammaboy said:

Works fine on Bimota SB6s.

I suspect Bimota put a bit more design / engineering into their builds than 'a talented guy in his shed' (that is a 'tongue in the cheek' remark for all you literals!)

The SB6 came with a slabby engine - will it take a slinger? If it does, then the head fixing must be flexible which would then imply its not a 'structural' fixing. And this would leave the whole engine supported via the two rear mounts - that I really wouldn't like.

This is a personal opinion and don't care if others do it this or that way - for all I know, there could be shed load of plate between the frame rails as bracing negating a load bearing engine that was designed to be in a cradle frame!

14 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I suspect Bimota put a bit more design / engineering into their builds than 'a talented guy in his shed' (that is a 'tongue in the cheek' remark for all you literals!)

The SB6 came with a slabby engine - will it take a slinger? If it does, then the head fixing must be flexible which would then imply its not a 'structural' fixing. And this would leave the whole engine supported via the two rear mounts - that I really wouldn't like.

This is a personal opinion and don't care if others do it this or that way - for all I know, there could be shed load of plate between the frame rails as bracing negating a load bearing engine that was designed to be in a cradle frame!

SB6 used WC motors, same frame on the SB7 with a 750. They used a plate that hangs off the sides of the head and picks up the mounting points in the frame so they could use a different mounting plate for the shorter 750. Basic overall design of the WC isn't that far removed from the oil boilers. You've also got to remember that these motors still have a lot of meat in them, they're not pared to the bone like modern motors (which are incidentally more than capable of being used as a stressed member). It's just not a problem.

49 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Bimota NEVER built a frame to accomodate an oilcooled GSXR motor. I hope the person who decided on that had it explained to them by someone in authority that they let themselves down, and they let Bimota down too. And then went away to think about what they had (not) done :(

oilcooled engines are too reliable, not good for an Italian bike.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dezza said:

Bimota NEVER built a frame to accomodate an oilcooled GSXR motor. 'Twas my mistake and I apologise :(

I hope the person who decided on that had it explained to them by someone in authority that they let themselves down, and they let Bimota down too. And then went away to think about what they had (not) done :(

But fully agree with the above sentiment LOL!

Tried for 2 weeks to find that  mag for more tech clues

might get stray pics in there showing  bracketrie

Anyone got a copy they want rid of  or know the year and month 

This would be a great help.

Thanks to all for comments and views so far .

Some will be help full and some hope full .

Imagination helpfull

BUDGET HOPE FULL

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 9:44 PM, spiderhaed said:

Tried for 2 weeks to find that  mag for more tech clues

might get stray pics in there showing  bracketrie

Anyone got a copy they want rid of  or know the year and month 

This would be a great help.

Thanks to all for comments and views so far .

Some will be help full and some hope full .

Imagination helpfull

BUDGET HOPE FULL

Did have the mag when article first came out but gave all my old mags to friends son as he started riding bikes. Did ask him if he still had it but alas no.

Got to be someone who has a copy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for having a look. I still have not found much anywhere.

Same info and pictures allover the place tho . Found  a victim to be sacrificed at the altar of  Perfomoto.

Don"t want to carve it up  bu needs must.

Wallet says no Time says no

but it" a good place to start.

Even the wall is putting in it" two pennies worth

20191016_133704.jpg

• Like 1
  • Guest changed the title to PerforMoto Framed Vo Ist IT Nough
On 3/6/2018 at 4:14 PM, Dezza said:

What the hell is a say what now? I am guessing some words have been automatically replaced but I have no idea which ones. That frame is mightily beefy on the side rails but seems to rely on the engine mounting directly onto the cylinder head, whilst dispensing completely with the original front engine mounts on the crankcases. Maybe OK for a Bandit 400 but maybe not with something that has 120bhp.

What is ` say what now ` ???

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 11:32 PM, spiderhaed said:

Looks like some bracing has been added from top engine mounts going

fowards linking them to headstock  and swingarm  swopted out for OEM from that other

motorcycle  manufacturer / fireblade . Performoto.thumb.jpg.89dbb540352e9d9c1c50f6e3f83e99f8.jpg

Looks like a GSX-R waterboiler swingarm to me (1995 or so)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Bandit in bits in boxes ready to star dry fit to Performoto frame . My real work did not go as planned

because of this new bug doing the rounds I am not having a bad time like some' so no problems

Took on project for a friends kid to keep me at home and out of the way of the masses

it'as a small bike which fit in our small flat so I was thinking I was safe

All SMALL flats shoud have  tool boxes "angle grinders" welders "hammers"saws "fiber glas " and more during lockdown.

Dropped toolbox on my foot' NO boots in my ladys ? flat got some thing in my eye from grinder I mean angle grinder and my friend kid who's bike I am working on took a swig of white sprites  thinking it was water last summer

We were all told up untill  March 2019 most accidents happen in the home'

I stayed at home to look after the NHS don't think I helped all above took visit to hospital

2019 had to write some of it off for progress on Performoto. it's not been rough but not smooth not Surf with Perf so far.

Small bike in small flat is this when completed it should have a  Suzuki QR50 lump!!! :)

Small bike QR.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

London life " progress slow with having to move flat twice and workshop / storage four times.

Bit by bit it's coming together . Drawn out brackets to hold head of engine to frame via oil galleries. Now looking for good

engineering shop in London to make them for me  I have a place in mind in Greenwich in South east London.

I cannot find any info anywhere on this bike just the same image  the one in the mag and still cannot  find a copy

of that mag.

if anyone has a copy cash waiting for you.

On 2/3/2024 at 8:06 PM, spiderhaed said:

London life " progress slow with having to move flat twice and workshop / storage four times.

Bit by bit it's coming together . Drawn out brackets to hold head of engine to frame via oil galleries. Now looking for good

engineering shop in London to make them for me  I have a place in mind in Greenwich in South east London.

I cannot find any info anywhere on this bike just the same image  the one in the mag and still cannot  find a copy

of that mag.

if anyone has a copy cash waiting for you.

If you know what edition it was in it might help? ive got loads of streetfighter mags in my cupboard I can look through if you know a rough date/year