The journey of my Slabby racebike

Mole28

41 minutes ago, Mole28 said:

Qualified on pole. 

Had a look at the bike back in the pits. The cam chain tensioner cap and spring have gone AWOL, the front right engine mount was loose, front sprocket nut only held in place by the cover and one of the clip-ons was loose. 

All good! 

Here we go. 

I think you`ve had your share of mishaps for today, all clean sailing from now on.

• Like 1

First race this morning was going perfectly until a wire snapped off 1&4 coil. Finished the race on 2 cylinders but in 10th place. 

Second race again was going to plan until the second last lap when the oil cooler blew. I managed to keep everyone behind me by employing the old racing technique "if you can't be fast, be wide" 

I borrowed another cooler from one of my rivals and went on to win the last race. 

Overall it was a decent weekend. I leave here leading the championship by 5 points. 

• Like 7
  • 1 month later...

It started well but soon got complicated. I couldn't get the R1 shock I had to fit because of clearance issues with the reservoir. A trawl on the bay turned up a second hand Ohlins with a remote reservoir from an early R1. Fits a treat. Made new spacers for the SRAD wheel as I'm using the R1 spindle and caliper carrier/caliper. Machined 2mm of the carrier. Jobs still to do include, fit bobbins, shark's fin sprocket guard, replace bearings in linkage and make a new battery tray. Probably loads more as well. Plenty time.

DSC_0606.thumb.JPG.c18259ace2d27260786a38a476939766.JPG

• Like 4