GSXR750 oil motor in GSXR400 chassis??

Guest YoshiJohnny

58 minutes ago, YoshiJohnny said:

Having had zero dealings with GSXR400s does anyone know if a 750K engine will fit in a 400 chassis? 

cheers 

YJ

It would be fun to ride :)

Not much help but I've seen a cbr 600 in the cbr 400 frame.

If a hon#a can do it Suzuki must be better xD

• Like 1

Have done a cbr 4/6 and seen a gsxr 4/7, there was a bo,ke who i raced against inthe NHCC has a 400 with a 900 fire bucket engine in it, unfortunately it never fan right but looked scary....  there used to be a load of infomation on 400 greybike but couknt find it now????

the 4/6 was brillant but tiny the gsxr had a water 750 cooled motor if i remember correctly:tu

Guest YoshiJohnny
1 hour ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

the gsxr had a water 750 cooled motor if i remember correctly:tu

yes it did...which is a bit bulkier than an oil cooled one...

There is a 400 RRSP2 on Eblag and I know where there is an RRK 750 engine.. I was just kinda wondering...

Sounds like fun - although I reckon checking the valve clearances would make the 1100 engine in a 750J/K frame check-up look like an absolute breeze !   - still nothing ventured and all that .....    I don't think the reverse engineered version, the 400 in an 1100 frame would catch on though - there was a 250 version too -  the 250/1100 - for those who really like cog swapping !

• 2 years later...

Hi, was there a conclusion to this post ? will a 600 or 750 motor fit into a 400 frame ? I have a gsxr400 gk73a that has been sat a while and needs to be recommissioned, so was thinking that maybe a bigger motor would be a good bet at this time. cheers.