Dr800 am I alowed in here now too?? Lol

• 2 months later...

theyre ok, but a bit titchy, mine looked like a 125 when i sat on it!
sprag clutches are killed by stopping the engine with the key. always stop it with the decompressor lever then turn the ignition off. when its running, theres so much compression that if you turn the ignition off whilst the piston is on a compression stroke, if its switched off and doesnt fire, the piston will be pushed back down the bore by the compression, momentarily spinning the engine backwards, this then effectively engages the sprag clutch for a fraction of a turn. eventually it just destroys it. to avoid it in future, stop the engine by shutting the throttle so its just ticking over, then pull th decompressor lever to stop it. when its stopped, turn it off. they were supposed to have rectified this on the 800, but they still failed, it just took longer.
loved the engine on my big, the rest of the bike was just too heavy and ungainly, but that engine was awesome. so i broke it an sold all the bits but kept the engine, periodically scott tries to buy it off me, but i think ive worn him down now and he only goes through the motions without any real effort..... ;-)

• Like 1

mine outside @KATANAMANGLERs gaff a few years back, with his kat and fods gsxr1100. came back from edinburgh through selkirk and down the back roads,  dr was good enough to keep ahead of th gsxr till we got to the m6 at moffat, it could still cruise at 100mph though which is pretty good for a big single.

note the appropriate stickerage...

46088_415110878470_7519565_n.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, johnr said:

mine outside @KATANAMANGLERs gaff a few years back, with his kat and fods gsxr1100. came back from edinburgh through selkirk and down the back roads,  dr was good enough to keep ahead of th gsxr till we got to the m6 at moffat, it could still cruise at 100mph though which is pretty good for a big single.

note the appropriate stickerage...

46088_415110878470_7519565_n.jpg

I have 2 of the set of 3...