Alternatives for Bandit 12 clocks

MOLE

Hello all. New member here.

I am building a Slabside 7/12 and have used a bandit donor including its loom.

My problem is what to do about the speedo and rev counter as the bandit ones don’t suit the slabby race replica style that I am going for.

Ideally, I don’t want to do too much electrickery so a plug and play solution would be best if possible.

Surprisingly, given that the bandit is such a magnet for modifiers, I can’t find much out there as a direct replacement.

I am not against a digital dash but I would want a decent size screen. Not one of the little ones that you see on MX bikes (Vapor etc.)

I have considered, as a last resort, butchering the bandit clocks and mounting them on a plate with a foam surround to try and get something close to the look I want but I think this would be a bit half-arsed.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Welcome to OSS (y)

As to your clock bit, which ever way you go will mean you doing some electronic bits, changing the wire plug etc, good thing is the colour of the wires on Suzuki are the same so you can use any of the gsx/gsxr clocks if you wish. The only thing you will find is the blandit has the fuel gauge and a left and right indicator light (don't need this for mot).

You could use the latter gsxr clocks but they have a electric speedo not worm drive, but seen it done. Have a look at oss  members project as alsorts go on in there ;)

And most important we like pics, lots of pics of bikes and builds on here :D

Nowt plug and play, like captain says its important weather its mk 1 or 2, but i fitted some gsxr 400 clocks once to a mark 1 b12, used the temp gauge for fuel guage and swoped all the other pins over in the plugs so all the idiot lights and rev counter worked, i cant get the pictures as they are in my blocked account with phot bucket, also used 400 bandit white faced clocks they looked smart:tu

hang on found it:D

red line was  a bit tooo high for a 1200 engine so i used a shorter throttle cable :)

LL3IrPB.jpg

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reply’s.

My bandit is mk1.

I like the look of those gsxr 400 clocks.

I don’t mind a small amount of electrical work so this may be a route. How well does the temp gauge act as a fuel gauge.

I think I have a old kmh set of 400 clocks on at the moment (with no fuel gauge).

I have a set of 750 WP clocks somewhere so I will have a look at the wire colours on those. 

As you can see, things are pretty rough under the fairing before swapping over the bandit motor/carbs/loom etc

E04FB670-D96A-483C-84B2-FE33D3AF176A.jpeg

283A1B61-A94D-4399-A9E2-CF57159DFC95.jpeg

DF6F4A70-F8DB-4B1C-BA08-4CFC1020A92D.jpeg

the fuel gauge worked just fine when full it read H empty it read C:tu

the rev counter read exactly the same as a 1200 one as well:tu

Didn't get much chance to work out where it went on reserve as i only used it twice once at pembray then at snetterton on track days about 8 years ago, then someone offered me a big pile of cash for it so i stupidly sold it:(

• 4 weeks later...