bore wash? fuel in sump

et1170

I left the fuel tap on my gsx750es project on prime like a pratt and the fuel has got by my needle valves into the sump. I started the bike before noticing for a couple of minutes and guess I have cleaned a lot of the oil off of places its needed! drained the fuel/oil mixture and have filled with oil , run for a while , then drained it again and fitted more new oil and filter. it seems to have lost compression as it flies over on the button. I have new needle valves in the carbs now . would some oil down the bores maybe help bring it back to life or is it likely fucked?  thanks. Gary.

If its got double fresh oil and is showing loss of compression then it probably HAS lost compression - check it with a gauge. Depending on how much fuel was in the oil will determine how much it was diluted and therefore how reduced its lubrication was? Running the engine certainly didn't help as petrol lubricates jack! If the rings are toast they are toast and oil from above won't help. And if the rings are done for that same oil will have gone through main bearings, rod bearings and cam bearings so draw your own conclusions from that!