Project; Whizzy Pop Slingshot

Hi Dan, had wee look at the Trick ecu whilst I was up getting some fab work done looks nice job , bike will come good soon enough am sure, as for breathers I ran two 7/8" -1" breathers one from rocker cover and the other from clutch case both  to catch bottle with baby Kn breather. Those motors need to breath with a blower , especially with refresh new rings ,etc.

Keep us posted bud. :tu

The more I see on the bike to more pissed off I'm getting, I've paid professionals to do a job and I expect a certain standard of work to come with that. 

I don't expect to bike to be returned damaged.

The map sensor has been moved and is just floating around on top of the engine, the boost gauge sensor is just haanging off the front of the bike, the sub frame has been incorrecly refitted with spacers missing and as a result has twisted, the ecu was hanging out the frame with no obvious way it'll fit anywhere near where the wires will reach, the lambda sensor has the wires cut off so is now useless and worthless, I've got a new fuse box floating on top of the engine when theres 4 spare spaces in the existing one.

The list will grow I'm sure and a lot of the work done I'll have to re do, assuming the ecu will actually fit somewhere.

If people can't or don't to do the work why don't they just say so instead of fucking up someones bike.

Spoke to them this morning, I think the breather and sub frame are a genuine mistake on someones part and the sub frame will be sorted. It does need to be removed again to mount the ecu which is why spacers are missing, its just been bolted up too tight.

The lambda isn't mine, its an old one to fill the hole whilst it was being set up. Currently the ecu doesn't use a lambda but I'd rather it did and it can be wired to use it, there was no mention of it not using the lambda on the quote and the ecu does support a wideband lambda so I'd assumed it would be used.

The moved sensors etc will be mounted but as its not fully set up they've left them loose for ease of access etc. I'm not sure on top of the engine is the best place and the extra tubing and wiring isn't going to make a difference. They were accessible before so I'm still not sure why they were moved.

As I've paid all the invoice except final mapping I'd assumed the actual install would be completed. This isn't the case which I think is a bit confusing really, if the invoice had said the mounting of the ecu and sensors needed finishing I'd have expected it to look like it did.

A lack of communication has caused most of this really and it could have been easily avoided.

The most annoying thing is if the breather wasn't connected wrong it would be fully mapped, fully installed and I'd have picked it up saturday a happy customer.

It's going back this saturday to be finished properly and should return looking similar to when it went.

Along with the breather and twisted sub frame yea.

Maybe I was a bit quick to have a rant but its hardly surprising when I've paid out good money and receive the bike in that state.

I'm still not happy with some things but I'll talk it over when I drop the bike back.

Another 6 hour round trip....

I may be simplifying things but if you'd mounted the ECU why did they take the bike apart to add a hook-up lead? Why move sensors if you positioned them sensibly and where you wanted them? Its not about mis communication - its about ineptitude! Mistaking a engine breather for a boost hose is fairly basic error by someone who either doesn't care or can't be bothered to care! They've likely lost any repeat business with the OP but what about others that don't know and get treated the same - i'd be fairly pissed if I could have been forewarned!

• Like 1

The original ecu was playing up and finally stopped responding so they gave me a price for fitting a new one.

I'd had suspicions that the original ecu was faulty but I'd just put it down to being set wrong, something they could sort out.

As I didn't want to be in the same position in a few months I thought it best to pay for the ecu to be fitted by professionals, rather than do it myself and risk it not working again.

Why you'd leave everything hanging in the breeze whilst running it on a dyno I don't know, there's a lot of heat around there so I'd think wires and sensors everywhere would be asking for trouble.

Especially on top of the turbo!

As for sensors being moved, I'm sure it would've been easier to wire them where they were, they're all on plugs.