The Nitrous has landed

Anna

Getting ready for 2018 season. The Nitrous system has been installed, plumbed in and tested.  All ready for me to haul up the big girls pants this season.  Going to start by getting used to the 6in over swingarm and launching harder.

Once I feel confident launching at higher revs will start to bring in the nitrous.  Starting with 25% at 5secs building to 100% over 4 secs but guessing we will rapidly start altering.  The aim is to bring it in earlier in the run as I get more confident.

The Nitrous set up is NOS solenoids with a  progressive controller. I will have to do well by the jets as they have an illustrious pedigree from the  Warpspeed stable. Hoping to do them proud. 

They have given me an extra 50bhp and 50 ft/lbs torque  (187bhp and 132 ft/lbs).  We couldpush it harder but the set up should minimise potential damage to the engine. The Nitrous will come in once the throttle is fully open.

I wish I could post the mp4 vid of the dyno run as it is loud and awesome! Does anyone else find watching your bike on a dyno a bit nerve wracking? Listening to the bike roaring up to full power I felt amazed that I have the courage to ride it up a track.  I am excited and looking forward to this new chapter.

20171216_142656.jpg

20180113_110123.jpg

20180113_100341.jpg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Duckndive said:

Trev's Solenoids are the dogs......and I like jetting at the solenoid its so much easier for quick changes ...B|

Ha Ha Ha - I figured you'd pop up Clive to champion Trev's stuff - I hate recommending them ........ but they are the best IMO!

Kev's winning bikes used NX Pro big soli's and Schnitz Prostreet 2 controller without problems but he was OCD with their maintenance (cleaning and servicing) and had spares at the track just in case LOL!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gixer1460 said:

Ha Ha Ha - I figured you'd pop up Clive to champion Trev's stuff - I hate recommending them ........ but they are the best IMO!

Kev's winning bikes used NX Pro big soli's and Schnitz Prostreet 2 controller without problems but he was OCD with their maintenance (cleaning and servicing) and had spares at the track just in case LOL!

LoL the only stuff of Trev's I would champion is the Solenoids TBH as we had nothing but trouble with the controller which we ended up binning and going 75 all in so to speak

his single injectors are OK as well but mega overpriced ......I would go with pipes straight down the carb route next time ..."as cecil towner did":tu