1100M tweeked by FBM

Well it runs! Had to play around with the shifter time, it was at factory default of 100ms, knocked it down to 50ms. All seems sweet. I've not played around with anything else, as I've not a clue what I'm doing with it. Leave that for Nick at Allspeeds to see if it needs tweeking when it's back at his for a setup session.

One thing I did notice was the rev counter reads about 500 rpm more than the test function asks for.....bloody jap pish:D

Edited by Wee Man
forgot stuff
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, MeanBean49 said:

I would ask Nick what settings he has for his quickshifter.

Iirc 100m/s is about the ideal kill time, your better off altering the the delay time instead

Not arguing but that sounds long to me! It literally just has to unload the gears to allow the shift - I know its not the same but airshifters work with about a 45-60ms kill time and I didn't have much more with a foot activated QS! A long kill won't hurt anything, just makes for a jerky shift when it should be 'seamless'. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Not arguing but that sounds long to me! It literally just has to unload the gears to allow the shift - I know its not the same but airshifters work with about a 45-60ms kill time and I didn't have much more with a foot activated QS! A long kill won't hurt anything, just makes for a jerky shift when it should be 'seamless'. 

Just in my experience with ignitechs thats where the sweet spot is on oil boilers. Fully appreciate different brands or different motors/specs will be different.

At least its dead easy to mess with and find a sweet spot.

Having the capability to mess with the delay makes a huge difference, you can get them working really smoothly even at lower rpm's

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice ride , since I am over here on the commie left coast of the U.S.  I am unfamiliar with FBM .  I am very interested in the clutch cover.  Is it a one off or are they available for sale . I will be in the Cambridge area in two weeks , would like to look up and stop in if FBM is a shop open to business .  I am trying to fit a MTC lock up to my MKII Bandit using the early style spring clutch basket. That cover would seem to work well for the direction I am heading.  Big block and blower not turbo.

• Like 1

Very nice ride , since I am over here on the commie left coast of the U.S.  I am unfamiliar with FBM .  I am very interested in the clutch cover.  Is it a one off or are they available for sale . I will be in the Cambridge area in two weeks , would like to look up and stop in if FBM is a shop open to business .  I am trying to fit a MTC lock up to my MKII Bandit using the early style spring clutch basket. That cover would seem to work well for the direction I am heading.  Big block and blower not turbo.   Sent FBM a   message on the facebook page you listed. I am not used to using that at all not sure it will go through. I was hoping FBM had a normal web page. Would sure like to buy one of those covers if not to dear on $$$.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 10:25 AM, Wee Man said:

Well it runs! Had to play around with the shifter time, it was at factory default of 100ms, knocked it down to 50ms. All seems sweet. I've not played around with anything else, as I've not a clue what I'm doing with it. Leave that for Nick at Allspeeds to see if it needs tweeking when it's back at his for a setup session.

One thing I did notice was the rev counter reads about 500 rpm more than the test function asks for.....bloody jap pish:D

I had an Anatorri, it was about 70ms.

You can put it in top gear with clutch in, at around 4k rpm and pull up on the shifter and hear the ign cut.

Problem with gsxr gearboxes are shift points in different places and different tension in every dam gear. I personally think they horrid gearbox and very weak. A stronger ident spring helps even out tension but does not alter shift points. Blending drum helps a little. I like hm strain quickshifter job,  this is not micro switch design but saying that thinking of using ignitech to try myself on turbo build and noting Greg's results.

Its a case setting it to suit your bike and what feels good for you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...