reference info: Oil cooled engine mounts

Jellyfinger

This might be useful for anyone putting an oil cooled motor into another frame, wondering if the mounts will be easy or not. Obviously physical engine size will be another can of worms.

All dimensions in mm, and seem to tally up to within 1mm when adding up the various combinations.

All measurements were taken using a granite surface plate and various square and calipers, so they are as accurate as I can get.

Measurements are taken from either the gasket surface from the starter clutch or the timing/pickup plates. so the centreline of the engine is in the centre (the covers are not symmetrical.

The Upper rear mount was measured "as is" without any spacer to centralise things (as normally fitted to the gsxr)

"Front rubber mounts" 175mm wide to machined surface with no rubbers fitted.

"Under crank mounts" 300mm wide.

"Lower rear mounts" 107mm wide.

"Upper rear mounts" 127mm wide but off centre, as there is normally a spacer fitted.

20171221_154858.jpg

• Like 4

I don't have a spacer on hand to measure, sorry.

And yes, the ends of the cases being symmetrical surprised me too, but makes sense when you look at an engine when fitted, the cylinder block sits central and the gasket surfaces are the same both sides, makes sense really.

Edited by Jellyfinger