slabby 750 CDI and pick ups on a Bandit 12 engine?

Guest YoshiJohnny

Guest YoshiJohnny

Am I right in thinking the twin pick up/rotor/CDI will work on a Bandit 1200

seem to remember it ups the rev limit a little?

or am I getting really fucking old and the memory is slippaging..???

Guest YoshiJohnny
12 minutes ago, clivegto said:

They all work John so long as the cdi matches the pick up (unless one of them is knakerd of corse).

cheers man...bits landed and will hopefully try this weekend

Sorry to jump on here. On my new engine im building (originally a b12) i plan to run a gsxr 11 pickup and rotor to work with my ignitech. 

Now when i come to time the engine up, bearing in mind it will have adjustable cam wheels. Should i time the motor up with the bandit pickup plate and rotor then change the backing plate and pickup to gsxr 1100. Or should i be ok timing the motor with the gsxr 11 plate and rotor? 

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Kid Kearsley said:

Sorry to jump on here. On my new engine im building (originally a b12) i plan to run a gsxr 11 pickup and rotor to work with my ignitech. 

Now when i come to time the engine up, bearing in mind it will have adjustable cam wheels. Should i time the motor up with the bandit pickup plate and rotor then change the backing plate and pickup to gsxr 1100. Or should i be ok timing the motor with the gsxr 11 plate and rotor? 

Cheers

Doesnt matter which mate. TDC is the same place on em both. Ignitech will work with bandit or gsxr pickups as well. Make no difference whatsoever which one you use

You can also use twin pickups with 1127/bandit cdi's. You just only use one pickup and leave the other redundant.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Kid Kearsley said:

Is this in reference to over reving?

My friend runs a 750 cdi on his turbo and does several 180mph wheelies with no issue.

I have an ignitech and my limiter is set to 11500rpm on a gsxr11 based engine. I often purposely bash it off the limiter (because im a child) with no issue's. 

Raced my 1216 for a whole season circuit racing on a 750 cdi with no problems too. 

• Like 1