Martek

• 2 years later...
17 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

You know, all the times i've seen that bike down a Seans I never noticed that - obviously sweary Bob listened to Steve Burns after all!

No Sweary dint listen to Steve just gave him some verbal "how surprising"   but he did change it on the oil boiler frames strangely

Martek frames always had the tubes parallel :tu

4 hours ago, K.H.I said:

Please elaborate.

IMO. High C of G, Turbo and Nitrous makes it too much of a straight line bike for me.  Fine if that's what you want but I'm surrounded by fast and bumpy B roads and prefer something that is fast over the whole route A to B, not something I'm fighting keep the front down on and pointing in the right direction.  I'm sure there is probably a good bike in there but not in it's present set up. 

I can appreciate the work and build quality of this bike. It's not my sort of thing either though, as it's all a bit bling. Someone's built the bike they wanted so good for them. There are bits on that bike I would definitely want on mine, and bits on it I wouldn't put on my bike ever. I am sure the same goes for other people when they look at my bikes too though! :)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dezza said:

I can appreciate the work and build quality of this bike. It's not my sort of thing either though, as it's all a bit bling. Someone's built the bike they wanted so good for them. There are bits on that bike I would definitely want on mine, and bits on it I wouldn't put on my bike ever. I am sure the same goes for other people when they look at my bikes too though! :)

I think something like your Harris and the way it's set up would be far better to ride. I'm sure your Spondon will be the same, function first and foremost.

5 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

IMO. High C of G, Turbo and Nitrous makes it too much of a straight line bike for me.  Fine if that's what you want but I'm surrounded by fast and bumpy B roads and prefer something that is fast over the whole route A to B, not something I'm fighting keep the front down on and pointing in the right direction.  I'm sure there is probably a good bike in there but not in it's present set up. 

So basically, because you would find it difficult to ride its "as much use as a chocolate teapot".     

Interesting logic...... :S