Anna's racing story so far....

Anna

On 6/19/2018 at 4:04 PM, Duckndive said:

It can be frustrating at times 1 step forward = 2 steps back.....BTDTGTS...O.o

Just turn the Blue bottle off and go back to your base line set up and get the 60ft right....the most important thing is jockey consistency....

then turn it back on and work on the set up need for the extra beans  ....as it will be sure to need a few tweak's ...

and only change one thing at a time ...

Thanks - still feel like I'm the weak link. Was doing OK til that hairy launch.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:11 PM, Gixer1460 said:

^^^ hundreds of years of experience speaking there LOL! But it's spot on advice ! With work, there are sometimes upto a second in just the chassis with no other power adjustments - just gotta find it.

I had got down to 10.41s without NOS, which is a bit frustrating to go backwards.  Just have to work on that launch.. 

• Like 1

If you spin the tyre at the hit..

the lock up will just lock up and not do its job "slip" .....so assuming you are using the same RPM you either need to take static out or drop the tyre pressure ....

"I would start with the tyre "

an easy clue to if the Lock-up is doing it job is how often do you have to service the clutch and change the oil ..........?

Edited by Duckndive
  • 1 month later...

11 August 2018

Race Report by Anna 

RWYB - back at Pod after nearly a month

It had been raining the night before after a long period of blazing sun and the track seemed to be a tad slippy as if it was channelling a road after a storm.  Had a succession of uninspiring runs, where the back end squirmed around or the rear tyre lost grip and spun and my best time was 11.0s.

One of the occasions when I did get grip was when I did a wheelie off the start line.  I have posted the footage in our 'Rents go Racing  FB page and will try to get it on here but it is very large.  The frame by frame, super slo-mo footage I generated from my son's video shows what really went on with that wheelie.  At normal speed the front wheel pops up and down and I continue on my way. 

In slo-mo

• The ambers seem to stay on forever
  • I don’t move until green
  • I get my foot on the right peg very quickly.  This is good to know if I ever have to use the rear brake to control a wheelie. Left foot still dragging as the bike lifts.
  • The staging lights showed me that the front wheel was starting to come up as the rear wheel went through the start line beams.  This surprised me as I hadn't realised it happened so fast, in the distance between the front and rear wheels.
  • The force knocked my left hand off the handlebar as I had only just thrown the clutch and hadn't had time to grip the bar again.
  • The front wheel comes up a lot further than it shows in the normal speed footage.
  • I got my left hand back on the handlebar.
  • I remember thinking that this was a hard wheelie so I rolled off the throttle and brought the front down.
  • The front comes down fairly gently and the rear lifts up a bit but nothing to worry about.
  • I carry on down the track thinking "that's definitely earned me my wheelie stripes"
  • The actual real time in the clip was about half a second!

Most of the runs featured lots of rear-tyre spin and not very inspiring times but people I spoke to seemed to be experiencing the same.  Footage from the grandstand of my last run is actually painful for me to watch as the bike sounds like it is being tortured and I was so tired I had made a couple of major errors.

Our oldest son was there for the day and took lots of video and stills which will get incorporated into videos and slide shows for the FB page.  Great to have him involved.

The video template has some  effects which make it look like double vision but I might try and re-do the vid without the effects.  I have no idea how I got it to super slo-mo but I'm glad I did.

Great to see Minx, Vizman, DucknDive, KidKearsly  (sorry if I missed anyone)

wheelie crop.png

Edited by Anna
added some text
  • Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

October 13th was the last points meeting and tough going into a stong headwind. Only managed a 10.7  best run, but when all the points were added up we ended up 7th in the Challenge out of 32 competitors. Really happy with that as our aim was for a top 10 finish. Winter modifications are all ready to be fitted and tested. Roll on next season and more fun. Check out 'Rents go Racing on fb for vids and more info.

20180324_101605.jpg

1933616902_wheeliecrop.png.d9c14e300c30e20d089d0a490728dd85.png

received_10213568273414993.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At last we started racing, fueling problems and 40 mph headwind Saturday meant no good times. After a few repairs Sunday morning hit the track and played again. Managed a new PB of 10.32 @ 139 mph. Onwards to the next meeting, the 9s is looking good!!

FB_IMG_1552899821648.jpg

Edited by Sweary Bob
Grammer
  • Like 1