Gsxr hybrid turbo motor gets refreshed.

Well just got my 1216 bored block back from Daimco , four day turn around which I'm very happy with cheap too. So apart from Gaskets and and valve job she will be built back up with newly made quick access windowed lock up cover , and steel buttoned base plate ready for new owner.  Had this motor a long while and Really  am enjoying rebuilding it this far. It's 1052  bottom end with Wsr machined mouths to accept b12 decked block and,  top end made 209 at rear wheel last time 7psi boost,with 20% loss of compression due valve seat decline. Now it should be capable of 10psi easy and -225-245hp . 

Happy hector today at least things can progress.

image.jpg5_zpsgsffeecw.jpg

• Like 4

Your right Jonny, not for me it's my old motor which I just could not part with so decided to refresh it and put some nice parts on to then sell complete set up !  I'm going N/a for a bit obviously in gsxr slingy frame! But 14 injected motor . All newer Gsxr running gear! K9 I think I've got.

• Like 2

Your right Jonny, not for me it's my old motor which I just could not part with so decided to refresh it and put some nice parts on to then sell complete set up !  I'm going N/a for a bit obviously in gsxr slingy frame! But 14 injected motor . All newer Gsxr running gear! K9 I think I've got.

Knowing you it be well finished be good to see. I have finally got my enthusiasm back too.

• 1 month later...

Well been a little busy sorting my gsx1400rr build so motors got side lined until now! Heads being recut and brand new valves fitted eak £££££ . New Vitton seals and cometic gaskets too boot. Had the lock up anodised black , and new black -10 fittings stainless screws etc. Looks nice thus far. Will hopefully get head back at end of week and we can have build up of the Hybrid beast .

image_zpsvbbfcjs6.jpeg

image_zps4wbdmgtq.jpeg

image_zpsu8fh7jgs.jpeg

image_zpsjwqzyibk.jpeg

Edited by Fula28
  • Like 2

Ta Ash, everything' takes so bloody long!!! Got head back From Daimco this am new stock valves £££ fook there're dear! freshly cut seats and lapped too. So next few eves will nail it all together and see what she looks like. Then it's selling time free up some funds for the 1400 project.

image_zpsiohnqt2b.jpeg

image_zpsypnclsve.jpeg

image_zpswadnwrqk.jpeg

Edited by Fula28
  • Like 2

No issues at all made 209bhp 111lbs  torque. with the current system ! But that's with 20% loss across valves!!! Now has forged Pistons new fresh bore block . And all new  Head Mls gasket . 

The 34mm metal top carbs are sold now anyway so there Not included in sale but rest of system is. You just need your carbs 95 main jets and bingo. Many Torques.

image_zpsimr0lavo.jpeg

Edited by Fula28
  • 2 weeks later...