Hey

Fixit

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. I recently bought an old 85 Gsx750S, its the popup headlight model.

Te bikes done around 130kms and is a ground up rebuild, the motors got no compression and its definitely seen better days. 

Over here in the might New Zealand there's still a few floating around and they're not overly hard to get parts for, i've got a Bmw K100 i'm rebuilding as well and turning it into a cafe racer.

I've also gt an old Fireblade 900 that i rebuilt a few years ago now.

I bought the Katana because they've always been retro cool, my father n law was recently made redundant so its really to give him something to get interested in again.

I've found an old set of VM29SS carbs which i'm chucking on it and just trying to sort a better shock (probably a Ducati shock) and a better exhaust system.

I'll post some pictures as i go in case anyones interested.

I used to be a fitter and turner so pretty happy floating around my workshop when i get a chance.

One of the things i'm trying to do is put a newer exhaust on as the current one is a bit stuffed, i've been looking through the forums and still a little stuck as to what fits.

I know its probably pretty common knowledge on  the site but can anyone tell me what later exhaust are a good fit ? 

Thanks and look forward to chatting to you all.

• 1 year later...

What are the odds? Sorry for the thread dredge, I'm from Upper Hutt, 30kms north of Wellington, New Zealand, and I'm restoring a popup katana too. 

From starting with a disaster zone found in the back of a shed exposed to the elements I've nearly finished the rolling chassis, starting with dismantling everything and sandblasting and painting the frame, and only putting back on it stuff that looked and worked like new.

I've just found a Yoshimura Big Block 810cc kit - well, secondhand barrels and pistons - so looks like that will be going on too. 

The shock on the bike is completely rotted out so I'm gonna need another one. Any ideas on good replacements - at the moment I'm looking at a Hagon GSX750ESD shock but if there's a secondhand one that would fit well I'm all ears. 

I'll throw something up in the projects section and ask some more questions there. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

@FixitHow's the project going, mate? Get some pictures up (or it didn't happen).:D

@rifferGet yourself started on the projects pages, bud. And remember ... We like pictures!!! :banana:

Hey Swiss Toni!

I'm in the process of doing my project write up so far. It's a long read, but I've included stacks of photos!

riffer.

• Like 3