What's a good oil cooler to go for and lines?

Jpich85

I'm doing a streetfighter build on my gsxr and wanted to get a nice oil cooler and upgrade the lines that feed it, I just wanted to see what people recommend and where might be the best place to get them? I've seem hel do them but is there anywhere else that'll also do the oil lines too. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, Jpich85 said:

Thanks guys, where can I find one of these Chinese ones? Are there listed as gsxr oil cooler on Eblag? I really want to get some tidy hoses too, do they come as a gsxr kit or are they called something different?

I have always used -8 and 19 row with no problems, some people use -10...  most people make tier own lines up as its soo much cheaper, I always use Torques UK,  decent quality and deliver next day:tu

Thanks mate I think I'll go with the an8 hopefully they'll be ok, I'll get that fitted then look at the lines, I'll probably be asking questions on that too lol, can you buy new parts for where the hose connects to the engine head near the cam cover, I'd like to update those too if I can.

2 hours ago, Jpich85 said:

Thanks mate I think I'll go with the an8 hopefully they'll be ok, I'll get that fitted then look at the lines, I'll probably be asking questions on that too lol, can you buy new parts for where the hose connects to the engine head near the cam cover, I'd like to update those too if I can.

yup they do -8 and -6. ive used -6 for both my head coolers with no problems:tu

http://stores.Eblag.co.uk/Torques-U-K/Motorbike-Oil-Control-Products-/_i.html?_fsub=4579075012&_sid=81447352&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Not sure what you mean shipmate..?? 

If you are after something similar to what ive got on me 'arris, then you need a meter ish ( measure first) of -8 braided hose, or -10 which ever you choose, 

Go to TorquesUK ebog shop and everything is in the menu there.

then i used 2 straight fittings and 2 45 degree -8 ones, depends on where your fit the cooler and what pipes you have, you need to offer it all up and look at the routing of the hoses to clear the exhaust and stuff???

and 2 x 16mm to -8 sump fittings Im 90% sure they are  all 16x1.5 mm thread but check your sump 

On 27/08/2017 at 3:40 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

ive had the same one on my bandit for 3 years with no leaks, and i buy the hose and fittings from Torques uk and make them to fit exactly:tu

EXi6C5w.jpg

06drPQM.jpg

Looks fantastic, how is the oil cooler attached to the frame? Did you need a bracket made?

22 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

made brackets from 25 x 3 mm ally angle, cheap as chips from a certain auction site:tu

1KK2M4K.jpg

hADpIq2.jpg

ud3U23w.jpg

JFmljsI.jpg

Awesome. Thanks

On 27/08/2017 at 3:40 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

ive had the same one on my bandit for 3 years with no leaks, and i buy the hose and fittings from Torques uk and make them to fit exactly:tu

EXi6C5w.jpg

06drPQM.jpg

Looks fantastic, how is the oil cooler attached to the frame? Did you need a bracket made?

• 3 weeks later...