Finally!! The Wesimura is done apart fom___

1 hour ago, Rijko said:

:tu gorgeous bikes !!! 

Thanks Rijko! Did the test this morning(y) deffinatley different now I decreased the nitrogen. Still need to play around a bit but all good. 

Inspired to do the Schwants rep now. A mate just got a lead on a scabby 700es for cheap! 

Edited by Cheeky4648
Damn phone!!
24 minutes ago, Rijko said:

Cool, i'm glad the front feels better now.
Without as much wheely that bike will jump forward even faster than it already did ... must be a hoot to ride and impressive :banana:

Will keep on the lookout for the flatslides !

Thanks for the advice on the suspension(y) after building drag bike's for so long you tend to forget about suspension:|  

Its def a lot smoother in the power delivery than I thought it was going to be. Lots more torque down low than expected, Havnt revved her to max yet as running in but spins up fast:tu Its good to have Upperton around when you need a motor specking out!

Thanks for keeping an eye out for flatties:) let me know. 

Edited by Cheeky4648

@Dorkburger thanks for the info. I'll check your area out on cl. Still looking for an 85 750. The one I saw was an 83:( 

Squeezed the bike in the front room for the next few days:tu girlfriend isn't home yet:| I'll cross that bridge when I have to. Don't know where this ones going to hit yet. Looking like Miami is favorite. I'm in dunedin. Still it's the biggest hurricane yet so there's risk anywhere in florida :|

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fjbj40 said:

Can you give some info on the Pipercross filter?

I looked at their website but could not find any info on your style?

Its a pipercross px500 series ordered it with a blank backplate and bored it to suit the carbs. Fits nice and is efficient not crazy on price either. Its in their competition section. 

45 minutes ago, Dorkburger said:

Cheeky, I'm assuming you weathered the storm ok. I was starting to wonder.

Didn't come off too bad. Tree or two down and power out for 6 days but many more had It tougher than our area. Got off lightly with that one. Thanks for asking man! Still looking for an 85 750as though. Pm me if you see a cheapie up there(y)

5 hours ago, Cheeky4648 said:

Its a pipercross px500 series ordered it with a blank backplate and bored it to suit the carbs. Fits nice and is efficient not crazy on price either. Its in their competition section. 

Thanks! Looks like you used factory velocity stacks out of the airbox?

Hope everybody down there doesn't have to deal with any more nasty weather anytime soon!

Thanks again, hope you don't need to remove the velocity stacks, that 5200 is pretty permanent stuff, but a fantastic adhesive for what you used it for!

Think I will order up that filter set up, I am going to put my VM33 smoothbores back on the 1000 but hate the KN filters. Your filter setup with the velocity stacks looks like a very good arrangement and looks the part also.

cheers

On 9/27/2017 at 6:14 AM, Fjbj40 said:

Thanks again, hope you don't need to remove the velocity stacks, that 5200 is pretty permanent stuff, but a fantastic adhesive for what you used it for!

Think I will order up that filter set up, I am going to put my VM33 smoothbores back on the 1000 but hate the KN filters. Your filter setup with the velocity stacks looks like a very good arrangement and looks the part also.

cheers

It does say to remove 5200 you have to grind it offO.o

Vm33 with the filter will work good. Have you any pics of your gs?