Hello (again) from Old Newb with GS7/11

gs7_11

Hi folks, just joined. I was  a member here years back on the old forum (don't know if anyone remembers?), but 10 years ago I had a break from bikes after about 27 years of being pretty intense about it, and sold my 7/11 to a friend. Long story. Anyway, just recently I had a go on a cousin's bike, and decided I needed one. So I bought two! I approached the new (if you can call 10 years new) owner and he agreed to sell the bike back to me as he hadn't been using it that much and has other irons in the fire. (I believe he's a member here BTW).

I originally bought the bike as a stock 750 back in 97, and it's gone through various iterations since then. Currently it is 1085 Wiseco, Kent Race Cams, Mikuni flatslides, GSXR1100g/h forks, Metmachex swinger etc etc. It  does 110bhp at the back wheel. I've sold it twice and bought it back both times now. (I know, WTF!!)

The first pic is when it was reviewed by Classic Mechanics, and the second was taken yesterday :)

Cheers!

Martin.

dfAXUbt.jpg

Wf8N531.jpg

• Like 7
On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, ccroaker said:

thats a great looking bike.... serious piece of kit

Cheers!

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, TonyC said:

Great bike, Martin!  I still have cuttings of it in my 7/11 file!  Good to see that it's still looks fantastic!

Regards TonyC

Thanks!

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Locomotion said:

Been well cared for in my 10 year ownership  (y)

It certainly has mate, you did a cracking job! :) 

On 29/08/2017 at 11:18 PM, gs7_11 said:

Coming round to that way of thinking myself!

BTW I'm sure I saw your bike (or one of them) round and about when I lived down in Chapel? Did you go to Big 4 in Whaley bridge?

Yes, as Fazz711 says, a blast from the past. Us to go there quite a bit, till things for him went tits up for him or his head, one of them things that could of been so good :(