Oldskool EFE pro stock bike

clairetoo

I'm sorry its taken so long to get round to writing this first `race report' , but life has been a bit hectic since that debut at Santa Pod Dragstalgia event .

The night before the meet , I couldnt sleep........running through everything about how to ride a stocker in my mind , over and over...... I signed on to run the RWYB on the Friday , pushed the bike the 200 yards down to the start area.......and nearly collapsed ! The paramedics took one look at my slightly gray face , and dragged me off to Bedford Hospital , where chest Xrays , blood tests and CT scans kinda happened.....so no track time for me :(

Saturday was a bit better - got it on track , to the start line , pinged the clutch out - and realized I had no idea what I was doing , it was all happening so fast - feet wouldnt find the footrests , thumb wouldnt find the shift button , bike wouldnt go straight........all part of running a new bike , and not riding such a beast in far too long......all resulting in 11.7 at 117 .

Nothing broke , so not too bad I suppose

Next pass was a bit better - 11.3 , but still no MPH at the top ? One final run for the weekend after a few clutch and chassis changes , and it left the line OK , straight and hard , no shift problems , but no power from 3rd gear on - felt like it ran out of fuel , too small a tank breather was my first thought . It di run a 10.67 , but only 107mph.

I have since taken it out at a RWYB to continue testing - first run with a larger tank breather found the missing power , and promtly fried the clutch :$

Bung in a fresh set of plates , next run a wire fell off the right coil.........new bike blues :(

And then , just time for one last go..........bingo.....9.50 at 137mph :banana:

Gearing is a little short - I did try for another gear , but there was non left.........and it went right a little off the line , not hard to fix , but things are heading in the right direction for sure (y)

• Like 13

Lizz always has some 'quiet time' on bike going through the run, particularly the start. It's an essential part of the team prep, whatever she's riding!

Must be a huge buzz to be back on it again. You'll have all the bugs ironed out ready for full season next year hopefully? 9.50 though ... :)

• 1 year later...

Well.....its been far too long since I last posted here........Lizz did OK on the bike , running a best of 9.11 , but still no top end speed - it had detonated a piston to death.......a slight compression hike had put it over the limit for super unleaded , live and learn and all that........

So I decided to build a proper motor - 1428 , proper big valve head , something to make the sort of power I am sure the chassis can handle .

Got it to Dragstalgia after a bit of disater the week before at a runwot......couple of tappit screws fell out , snapped the cam chain , after just a burnout........and dragstalgia was plagued with a load of small problems - shift light packed in , and the clutch was a nightmare........grabbing , dragging on the line......so no good runs , but it did run near 150 terminal speeds even on the two poor runs it did .

So plenty of power.........

IMAG0826.jpg

36840116_10216412452526873_4203013218718711808_n.jpg

• Like 15
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Been a long time coming , but at last a bit better performance from me.....oh , and the bike ! A fun weekend at santa pods Dragstalgia meeting resulted in a new personal best , and a trophy .

What a weekend.....I couldnt even dare to dream it could go so well . The bike ran kinda well , and with massive help from Dominic Francesco Charlton , Harry Barlow , Alan Ward , Steve French , and Juan Rafael Vergara Garcia , ran PB after PB .
A bit of adjustment had the bike running arrow straight , as much track time as I could get put me back into racer mode - and a small amount of luck saw me into the final with long time rival from way back Len Padget......
My best run of the weekend sadly wasnt enough to overcome some impressive numbers from Len (riding Tyne Blight's bike) , but the feeling between us at the top end after the run was something I hadnt experienced for far too long.......
Whens the next one.........!

I felt from day one that the bike should run eights - but to it so consistently (ignoring a couple of missed shift runs) it went 8.800 , 8.74 , 8.78 , and 8.704 in final - saving the best till last !

OOO_4992A.jpg

OOO_5146.JPG

66642130_10157675260937174_2073424607792070656_n.jpg

Edited by clairetoo
  • Like 10
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Not been on here for piggin ages ! for some reason computer said no when I tried.........

Anyhoo........much progress has been made on the EFE , had too much trouble with stock box's so in went a full billet 5 speed auto....and a change of wheels along with a splash of paint !

The end result has been pretty stunning - at Retro show , it ran a string of 8.4's at over 150 , resulting on low ET , High MPH , number 1 qualifier - and win ! Then managed a repeat performance at Dragstalgia (but around a tenth slower due to the heat) 

Then - Jurby , Isle of Man just for fun - and another repeat , with a best of 9.07 @ 155......

Out at Melbourne this weekend to see if I have found a good dodgy track setup 

305735949_10160826658072174_8665862043667312259_n.jpg

B86V6162.JPG

• Like 11
  • 1 month later...

Melbourne went better than expected , with another good performance - low ET , top MPH , number 1 qualifier , and win ! I seen to have got my act together this year , trick seems to be go as quick as I need to , and dont waste effort trying to go quicker all the time.

Finished the year at Santa Pod last weekend , and was on for another win - until crew shortage and an organisational cockup left me using a borrowed starter for the semi final.....and it failed.....so ddint get to progress to the final (had a good few tenths in hand for that race...)

But , despite the failure , I only went and won the Old School Stockers championship for a third time - I got the Straightliners championship as well ! 

YAY....go me ? :banana: 

Also had a good day out at Stafford classic bike show with the OSS crew (y)

Edited by clairetoo
  • Like 9