'91 750m carbs

vitesse

That thing makes it so the emulsion tubes dont wear so badly. It replaces the plastic donut part on the needles which basically fits down into the slide incorrectly as stock an causes havoc on the emulsion tubes. This part made ^^^ (4 of them, 1 for each needle) will remedy that problem so the needles sit like they really should in the slides. Just looking at them I'm sure they help immensely. Many more worry free miles out of your emulsion tubes.

awesome share btw blue. 

Edited by boilerdude
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I showed these to marc at factorypro. Here is his reply...

"that lowers the needle 2 notches. The step is supposed to be there. It's a design feature to keep the needle from wearing on both sides.".  

Ok I dont know why this is white all of a sudden... but anyway

Point#1. ok so the thing really should be thicker on top. (should be the thickness of the original donut PLUS the step down.)Or you can just add a couple extra shims I suppose

Point#2. Open for debate. 

Edited by boilerdude
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

dindu nuffin <dindunuf@gmail.com>

9:16 AM (3 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to marc
cleardot.gif

I see what you mean. the design should be a little thicker on top. But I still fail to see how holding the needle straight rather than leaning one way is bad.
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

marc@factorypro.com

12:10 PM (37 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Intake pressure fluctuations pulse in and out at low rpm - banging the slide and needle fore and aft - wearing the needle jet on 2 sides.

With the needle cocked, it only wears on 1 side.

They didn't realize that the spacer lowered the needle 2 notches.
cleardot.gif

profile_mask2.png

dindu nuffin <dindunuf@gmail.com>

12:44 PM (3 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to marc
cleardot.gif

yea but it seems the way that design fits "just so" into the step ought to hold the needle not only more straight but also more firmly so. Excusing the error in overall thickness.
A hoop leaning against a step is less stable and more flimsy than a hoop simply resting flush to the ground. Holding tight to the needle.