On the way home.

wraith

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, gs7_11 said:

Nice.

Is there a build thread? Would like to know more.

The general dampness in the pic looks Peak District-ish!

Cheers,

There is not a build thread on this bike as this is about its third plus incarnation xD and never got round to doing one, sorry.

It did start life as a standard gs850g but no more ;)

Let me know what you would like to know about it and I will tell you as all the work has been done by myself ;)

1 hour ago, wraith said:

Cheers,

There is not a build thread on this bike as this is about its third plus incarnation xD and never got round to doing one, sorry.

It did start life as a standard gs850g but no more ;)

Let me know what you would like to know about it and I will tell you as all the work has been done by myself ;)

Anything and everything! What's the spec? Wossit go like, mister? xD

Are those GSXR carbs? If it's an 850, is that a GS1000 sized head bearing, or GS750? How did you get a single sider to fit?

Etc etc. Come on, spill!

• Like 2

The low down, started life as GS850g now has GS1000g motor, bored to 1100cc, ported CV head (gs1000) GS750 cams (as they let it rev quicker) welded/balance crank, HD clutch (back plate and  back plat springs HD as well as front springs) ports on head to suit B12 carbs/carb rubbers, B 12 carbs with K&N filters, Danvik stainless zorst with home made end can.

Fully braced frame, NTV600 single side swing arm (if I remember as it was done about 15+ years ago, cut down by 20mm each side with new bearing mounts made and welded in place, NTV600 rear wheel (160 tyre) NTV600 shock, GS1000 yokes GSX750s1 (kat) forks with antidive removed, NTV600 front wheel new wavy disc with GSXR1000k2 6 pot caliper.

Standard body work, rear end cut down by 3" hon## CB900 front mud guard z type head lamp+ firing, GSX550 clocks, home made seat, home made crash bars, rassk rear sets.

Rides well, goes very well :D was dyno at 97bhp rear wheel with 88 fpt (but that was when it had a 1085cc kit not 1100cc and had GS slide carbs, not had it dyna in it courante form but it is quicker. Not bad for a shaft drive.

• Like 4

Very nice! (y)

How did you find mating up the Suzuki drive with the Gurls blouse shaft? Also, how's that handling with 17's on?  I mean obvs it's ok, you know what you're doing, but no issues?

Raask rearsets....Mine were originally those, but f**k me they're high! My aging hips couldn't hack it (and that was 15 years ago!) so I made some new brackets and repositioned them. In my defence I should say that I banged my left hip up falling off my mate's X7 when I was 16. o.O Eeee, them were't days.....

Edited by gs7_11
  • Like 2

All I did xD was take the Suzi shaft knuckle joint and the ntv  one to a man in new mills (how make/refurbish knuckle joint and prop shafts) and asked him to mate the two and balance them.

I now have a shaft prop that bolts on the same was the standard GS one does and slots in with the standard ntv  hub :)

It handles very well (thanks for the compliment) with the 17" on, the ntv rear shock seems to work well even as its a basic type, the single disc on the front is good as its quiet big (think its 340mm dim) the gsxr 6 pot work but like most (in my opinion) not much feel, if I was going to complain about anything it would be the gearing, as its very low revving ie top gear hitting 3 numbered (if you know what I mean but only on a privet road copper) its revving at 5600rpm and still pulls like a steam train, but the take off from the lights can be a bit sluggish without a real good hand full.