Turbo header price's???

I have a partly build turbo Blandit. It has a side mount turbo set up which depending on my mood can look either hard core or pant's.

Ive been thinking about buying a front mount turbo set of headers for a while. I even started making some but think they have been lost in the rubbish bin.

Anyway, I noticed on the bay of evil that companies are selling stainless turbo header's for the likes of gsxr thou's for about the £100 mark.

Seeing as a lot of people are running blow thru turbo's, what sort of money would I be expected to pay for some for my Blandit?

Thought's please?

The turbo, up pipe, plenum etc are fine. Im just not sure what I really think about the sidemount header's.

Can't be much profit in making and selling a couple O' three GSXR1000 headers a month!

Laser cut flanges x 4 + turbo flange @ £5 each, 8 - 12No 38mm dia x 2mm thick pre bends @ £5 a pop and you're nearly at £100 then add in gas, tungstens, filler rod + 4 or 5 hrs labour (if you are lucky) @ £50 / hr and you should be anywhere between £350-£400 for summat decent.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your replies.

I was kind of hoping somebody might say such and such does them and charges £XXX for a Blandit. lol.

Ive had a bash at making pipe's myself in the past but just feel Id sooner have somebody with a desire to build a set rather than me trying again. I had a contract with BOC but cancelled as it wast getting much use. I might just have to go and buy a new bottle of argon?

God loves a trier. lol. Practice with a welder in my stupid hands will never make perfect. Im a crap welder. lol

300 avon 003.JPG

PC210058.JPG

7 minutes ago, clivegto said:

I was wondering about getting a set of those gsxr 1000 ones & altering them to fit a oil boiler as most the work is already done.

I can see the benefit to doing that. Ive had a bash at making some pipe's and it's the making of the exhaust end piece's/flanges etc that seem to take the time to make.

If you do, Id be interested to see how you get on. (y)